Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Peanut Taste Dumplings

Recently I read PH's post that she tasted peanut paste in the dumplings (sui gao) at Mak's Chee eatery in One Utama. I have eaten dumplings at Mak Chee's eatery at Midvalley Mall twice in June 2018 but did not notice any peanut taste so I had to eat the dumplings again to make sure.

Ordered just two dishes - 
1. dry wanton noodles with prawn roes and wantons hidden underneath the noodles (small portion) at MYR 16.90++ (10% service charge, 6% SST = MYR 19.60 nett). 
2. Wantons (3) and Dumplings (2) soup (small portion) at MYR 15.90++ (MYR 18.44 nett).
There is a strong sesame oil taste to the dumplings but I could not see any peanut paste inside the dumplings and could not detect any peanut taste so it is either I am not sensitive to peanut taste or the dumplings here are different from the ones served at Mak's Chee in One Utama.

Total price for 2 dishes: MYR 38.05 nett which is on the high side I would say.

12 comments:

  1. I just had those pan-fried dumplings at the Korean place here. Not a fan of those but I loved the ones we had that day. My girl loves those dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't try Mak's Chee yet....is it still crowded as before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not crowded now but taste of broth is not as good as when the branch at Midvalley Mall just opened. Now less umami taste!

      Delete
  3. Peanut taste in dumpling? Unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I can only taste a strong taste which I take it to be sesame oil taste but it may be taken as peanut taste for some I guess.

      Delete
  4. Did you choose the dumplings from the menu that has a small peanut icon on it? Maybe the menu is different from the one at 1 Utama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there was a small peanut icon. I didn't ask the staff what the icon means - peanut oil or peanut paste. I believe the menu is the same, as they are franchise. food should also be from a central kitchen.

      Delete
  5. I love dumplings. I wonder what caused the peanut taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they use peanut oil or they really put peanut inside. I will ask next time.

      Delete
  6. Now you have to try the one in 1 Utama hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask the staff what does the peanut icon mean before I eat the ones at 1 Utama.

      Delete