Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Yoyogi Beef Patty

On Tuesday 3.sep.2024, went to collect LA so stopped by Uptown to eat village park nasi lemak and yoyogi beef patty.

*** Yoyogi Uptown ***

12.34 noon - my order: single 100g beef patty classic bichotan set with my chosen fried egg instead of one onsen egg MYR 25.80++ which I think is good value for money. It has a vege broccoli bean sprouts side dish, a pickled daikon side dish and a bowl of strong beef soup which I find to be acceptable. I ate all of this set by myself because he doesn't like strong beef taste. 

The beef soup has pieces of kelp in it and has stronger beef taste than the beef patty. I find the beef soup to be salty and I prefer it to be less salty.

I read about this eatery from PH's article:
and was tempted to eat the beef patty.

12.40 noon - there are raw shredded daikon and flakes of bonito on top of the fried egg. The rice has seaweed kelp in it so tastes good.

12.40 noon - the 100g beef patty classic bichotan is thick and lean which I like. I am ok with the beef taste too. The seared beef patty is quite salty on the outer layer so I drank a lot of water when I got home.

12.18 noon - I also ordered karaage boneless fried chicken pieces MYR 15.80++
Waited around 14 minutes for the beef patty set and 30 minutes for the karaage.

Total price MYR 48.26 nett.

12.47 noon - the chicken is freshly fried and crunchy with juicy tender meat. He ate half of the fried chicken.

12.05 noon - there is a sign with open on the closed door. It opens at 11.30 am.

1.11 pm - dim interior. We sat in the nook on the side of payment cashier counter.

1.11 pm - this is the nook.

1.11 pm - there are 4 tables.

After this meal, we went to Ah Cheng Laksa Starling mall for his glass of hot cham.

*** Village Park Uptown ***

11.37 am - he read that a review says village park fried chicken is the best fried chicken so he ordered nasi lemak fried chicken MYR 12.50++ and I ordered lontong MYR 7.90++

11.46 am - the iced nescafe is in a disposable paper cup. Total price MYR 26.60 nett cash payment only.

11.46 am - I like to eat this lontong very much because the nasi himpit is soft and there are many types of soft veges in the curry gravy which is not spicy.

11.49 am - please click on this photo for a larger image to read the text.

11.49 am - list of drinks

Morning 45.00
Next morning 45.90
As expected, the number is high because I ate too much rice and salty food so a lot of water was retained.

Starling parking
11.10 am to 1.46 pm MYR 2 nett
2.24 pm back

*** The End ***

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you gave Yoyogi a try and found the beef patty acceptable. Next time I will get fried egg instead of onsen egg. The Karaage looks good, also on my to eat next list. I have not been to Village Park in a long time because very sien every time go there, too many people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about too many people in village park. I don't like the packed ambiance. We shared a table with strangers. Thanks for reviewing the beef patty. I like lean beef patties.

      Delete
  2. Interesting beef patty dish.
    At least they have proper queuing system at Village Park. I hate the system where you have to be fast (and agressive) in order to grab a table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmm, we just walked in and sit. Didn't use the queuing system.

      Delete
    2. No queue but many people standing outside the shop waiting for tapao

      Delete