Friday, March 27, 2020

Instant Quaker Oats

 Instant Quaker Oats for my lunch.

 Add a whole can of Gulong braised peanuts without the gravy in the can for a savoury oats lunch. Very tasty and filling lunch.

 Why eat the whole can in one seating? Because I found this expired can of braised peanut hidden in my fridge. The bottom of the can says best before 24 11 2018, that is one year and 4 months ago.

 For breakfast, I ate a cold kfc chicken drumstick from my fridge. yummy!

 This is dessert. A thin and small piece of Royce Strawberry Milk Chocolate. Sweet but not as sweet as the white milk chocolate. I like the strawberry taste. This is a good time to clear my fridge of these chocolates which have been there for a long time.

 Our household rep went and bought some food from Jaya Grocer, Midvalley Mall. The usual Tulip or MaLing brand of luncheon meat are all sold out so bought MeiNing brand which we have not heard of. Made in China. Price is MYR 14.90 nett for the one without ham and MYR 15.50 nett for the one with ham.

 And one can of McCann Luncheon Meat 340g. Made in Singapore. No MSG added, no artificial colouring added,  trans fat free and gluten free. Price is MYR 13.10 nett. I won't know how they taste like because I won't be eating them as they are for my spouse.

Total price for three cans of luncheon meat is MYR 43.50 nett. In another super market, loud speakers keep reminding shoppers to queue 1 meter apart at the cashiers but the markers on the floor is only 1 feet apart. One meter is around 3 feets. Guess the person putting the markers on the floor didn't know it.

18 comments:

  1. You just gave me an idea that i can buy instant oats to eat when i get hungry at night, thanks!

    Saw tulip and maLing brand luncheon meat before but not mccann or meining brand.

    Usually expired food i would just throw away. Not good to eat expired food or cold food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cold food is ok to eat. best by date is just a recommendation. the can is kept in the fridge at all times since bought so should be ok gua. in times of need like in wartime, if can find an expired can of food is a luxury.

      Delete
  2. My girl came up with health issues and thought she was gluten-intolerant from an overdose of oats - breakfast, lunch and dinner, eating nothing else in her school in the jungle. Wowww!!! I found a can of red beans in the pantry, Dec 2019 - I threw it away. Can't risk falling ill at a time like this. Gosh!!! The made in China luncheon meat is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe very easy to be under nourished by just eating one food and nothing else.

      Delete
  3. we never buy any China brand luncheon meat coz my mum don't trust the China 'processing meat food' brands. We either had the Tulip brand or those made in SG. We tried to avoid any canned meat even sardines. I miss KFC so much now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, your mother is wise. tulip is good but no stock so beggars cannot be choosers so just buy lor. u can always order kfc delivery online unless u want to be safe and not take any risk eating outside food.

      Delete
  4. I bought a pack of instant oats before MCO. I have Tulip Luncheon and Bacon, sardines, baked beans, etc. ready just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat expired food all the time hehe. Have not thought of putting that kind of peanuts into oats, but it does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is tasty eating the braised peanuts with oats. hahaha, so we are those who eat expired food. lolx!

      Delete
    2. I'd always justify that expiry date is just a guideline! Should be able to last far longer especially if kept in fridge.

      Delete
  6. I have been eating oats all my life since a kid but I had never seen anyone eat with canned Gulong peanuts! You made me laugh at this brilliant idea. Right now I am desperate to find the canned peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think canned peanuts should have stock in supermarkets.

      Delete
  7. A new way of eating oats! I am trying to imagine the taste. I think it should be nice because oats is bland while the braised peanuts are savory. I knew of someone who cooked minced pork with her oatmeal to make it more palatable. She said it is nice but I never tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is nice, savoury oats. minced pork should be nice too depending on what other sauces she put to marinate the minced pork.

      Delete
  8. Wow. That was way long expired. If few weeks or months, it is fine. I just clear my Maggi mee curry which is expiring on 31 March 2020. Lol.

    ReplyDelete