Friday, January 3, 2020

WG Solomen Value Set Lunch

1st lunch on a working day in 2020. My friend's Tenshin Don Set (Omelette Rice Bowl which they served on a plate instead) at MYR 16.90 nett at Solomen, SS2, PJ.

My order: ChaHan set (fried rice) with miso soup, 3 gyoza and a cup of hot green tea at MYR 13.70 nett. I kept half the rice and two gyoza for dinner and finished drinking all the miso soup and hot green tea.

Total bill for 4 pax is MYR 65.80 nett. A friend ordered a dish Shiogayaki Don (Sliced pork belly rice) from the ala carte menu at MYR 21.50 nett.

We did not order from this all day set menu because all of us could not finish 3 items in the set which are too much for us.

We ordered from this Value Set Lunch menu which is available from 12 noon to 3 pm from Tue to Fri only. Please click on the above menu for a larger image to read the description of the dishes and their price.

You can choose one side dish and all of us who ordered from this set menu chose Gyoza (3 pieces).

*** Pho Vietz, Midvalley Mall ***

On 1 Jan 2020, I had lunch at Pho Vietz, Midvalley Mall because we were carrying grocery items that we have bought so it was too far to walk to Upeh which we initially planned to have our lunch there so we ended up at Pho Vietz which is on the way to the car park. I wonder how many customers decide to eat there for the very same reason.

 Pork Paste noodle soup at MYR 20.66+ (6% SST = MYR 21.90 nett). We have not eaten this before and found that the pork paste is very tasty because they added in bits and pieces of cloud ear fungus into the minced pork balls.

Another order is Beef stew set at the same price - MYR 21.90 nett. We have ordered this beef stew set - MYR 19.70 nett at the Sri Petaling branch back in 2017. Sad to say that the Sri Petaling branch is no longer operating and has moved away. The pieces of beef are tasty but I wish they were more tender because I have weak teeth. Should be a breeze for people with strong teeth.

We did not order any drinks so the total price for 2 pax is MYR 43.80 nett.

8 comments:

  1. I have weak teeth too lol. I think i will like the pork paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My missus and my girl went to Pho Vietz at Mid Valley - they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pork pasta noodles. I too prefer the beef to be more tender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking through malls can be very tiring especially if you had bought many things.

    ReplyDelete