Saturday, January 18, 2020

Lontong at Warung

 Lunch for two pax on a sharing basis.

 Total bill is MYR 27.50 nett at Warung, Midvalley Mall.

 The plan was to share a plate of nasi lemak but when I saw this Lontong poster, I had to order it because I like to eat compressed rice.

 The ingredients. Rice cake or compressed rice is what I like to eat.

There is also deep fried mee hoon in the lontong which is too oily to be eaten so I just left them. Something I seldom do because I don't like to waste food but trust me, they are just too oily so it is better to walk away.

12 comments:

  1. Deep fried bee hoon in lontong is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure if the standard recipe for lontong has them.

      Delete
    2. same here, never knew about deep fried bee hoon in lontong.

      Delete
    3. could just be deep fried tong hoon or deep fried thin batter.

      Delete
  2. Not advisable to put deep fried bee hoon in lontong cos deep fried bee hoon is already very oily plus the lontong gravy, even more oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true about deep fried bee hoon being very oily.

      Delete
  3. I love lontong. We have a shop here thus named but they only have it on Sundays. Never bother to try as the shop is kinda out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nowadays I seldom go out of the way just for food.

      Delete
  4. I like lontong without the pressed rice. Nasi lemak looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure if lontong dish has pressed rice in the recipe.

      Delete
  5. Hmm wouldn't the lontong gravy wash away the oil in the deep-fried beehoon? Like yingyong wak tan hor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no idea. all I know is that it is very, very oily.

      Delete