Thursday, January 16, 2020

Texas Mala Chicken

CNY angpow packets holder.

Inside one holder, there are 8 pieces of CNY angpow packets. Do you like this design which incorporated the animal sign for 2020?

Texas Chicken Angpow packets. Need to buy at least MYR 20 worth of food in one receipt to get one set of 5 angpows.

Currently Texas Chicken is having a special chicken flavour which is Mala Chicken so they are giving 1 free blackcurrent jelly with ice cream for any purchase of Mala Combo Meal. Unfortunately I cannot stand hot and spicy food so Mala chicken is out for me. Those who loves spicy food should try this Mala chicken.

My bill which is MYR 25.45 nett for takeaways.

We ate lunch at a nearby eatery. Please click on the above menu for a larger image. Set Lunch Menu for noodles dishes.

Please click on the above menu for a larger image. Set Lunch Menu for non-noodle dishes.

I ordered chicken chop MYR 11.50+ (5% service charge = MYR 12.05 nett) from the set lunch menu because I do not want to eat rice nor noodles. Includes a glass bottle of ice lemon grass drink. The chicken chop is a boneless chicken thigh.

My friend ordered prawns fried rice from the ala carte menu at MYR 8+ (MYR 8.40 nett) and hot pandan drink at MYR 1.90+ (MYR 2 nett). Eatery is Krua Thai Moo-Ka-Ta.

There is a mini market in the eatery.

I think this is a noodle preparation area.

Spacious dining area.

Moo-Ka-Ta which is near Ikon, Cheras. Open air parking area in front of this eatery costs MYR 2 nett per entry.

12 comments:

  1. I saw these uob ang pow packets before, my sis have them, at first i see i thought are raindrops, closer look are rats.

    Same as you, mala chicken are totally out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and in the meantime, KFC has come our with Nyonya Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think their spicy version is spicy enough for me. Mala chicken may be too spicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their spicy is quite mild when compared to kfc spicy.

      Delete
  4. I like spicy, but not so much the mala kind of numb spiciness.

    The rats on the angpow are cute once you figure out they are rats haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you are going to try the texas mala chicken I guess. oh, so you like the design.

      Delete