Thursday, November 21, 2019

WS Nasi Lemak Lah

My order: Nasi Lemak Mutton Curry - MYR 15.90 nett. Barley drink at MYR 3.50 nett. My total lunch costs MYR 19.40 nett. They have two versions of sambal - spicy and not that spicy. All of us chose the spicy ones because the not-that-spicy sambal is sweet rather than salty as told to us. Quite a decent nasi lemak. I find a few pieces of Star Anise in the mutton curry which I accidentally chewed and had to spit out which is quite troublesome. The mutton is tender enough but the curry is heavy with the taste of Star Anise which some people may not like. The plate has rattan patterns printed on it to pretend to be a rattan plate.

Their menu is quite straightforward, everything is on one page. Please click on the above image for a larger photo to see which nasi lemak would you order.

My friends said that the Ayam Goreng Serai tastes very good, as good as the fried chicken at the popular Village Park Nasi Lemak at Damansara Uptown so if they eat here again, I may order the fried chicken nasi lemak. Total bill for 4 plates of nasi lemak is MYR 60.10 nett so it is about MYR 15 each on average.

Nasi Lemak Lah at SS2, PJ has taken over the shop that used to house Crab Factory which I have been to 3 times in all the years that it operated there since 2014.

The interior layout is the same but they have redone the cladding and furnishing.

They even have a green wall, though I am not sure whether the plants are real or fake. If my friends eat here again, I will go and touch the plants to see if they are real or not.

15 comments:

  1. The plate almost tricked my eyes, it looks so much like a real rattan plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw them using that plate here just yesterday. Had something soupy so I did not get to use that. Like the name of the place! Been a while since I had nasi lemak, think I will go this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I like rice placed directly on a rattan plate. must at least lined with a piece of paper.

      Delete
  3. Like that they served on a rattan basket. I would prefer spicy thab sweet sambal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not a rattan basket. it is a plate with rattan patterns printed on the plate.

      Delete
  4. Thought the food was on the rattan at first. Wouldn't be hygienic if so.

    Overall doesn't look particularly attractive to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if rice directly on rattan, then is not hygienic. Visit only if you like to eat nasi lemak.

      Delete
  5. I too was tricked into thinking it was the actual rattan. Lol! I just ate nasi lemak this morning but bought from the roadside stall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, in real life you won't be tricked.

      Delete
  6. What a creative plate! After the plastic banana plates, we have this rattan plates now. Bamboo plates will be next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete