Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Roasted Black Soldier Fly

Ban Heang also has its own mung bean biscuits/pastry but I still prefer those from Him Heang and Ghee Hiang.

It seems that Black soldier fly larvae is a great source of protein and has a small environmental footprint so we should be eating these instead of pork, beef, mutton and chicken to get our protein but I don't dare to try. Do you dare?

There is a new Mango ice cream by Walls.

Close up.

Unfortunately it was sold out so I didn't get to eat it.

Bread Story's banana cake at MYR 6.50 nett. Decent taste for this affordable price.

From the branch in the Gardens mall.

14 comments:

  1. First time heard of black soldier fly. I don't think i dare to try. I love to eat banana cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fly? Eeeee...no, thank you!!! LOL!!! Gotta look out for that mango ice cream, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hesitate to try the roasted black soldier fly. But I was contemplating the crickets but they are quite pricey. I did not want to risk buying and then not liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have seen fried crickets in packets like these?

      Delete
  4. I eat to live ... and I just discovered your blog!😅
    Very interesting all of them! I have my own cook ... and that's my husband!
    Greetings from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's nice to have your own personal cook! :D

      Delete
  5. I won't mind trying the fly. All for saving the environment and getting protein this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, you are brave! Do try and let us know how they taste like.

      Delete
  6. I always buy from Him Heang and Ghee Hiang. That larvae is very sinful food to eat and brings bad karma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't believe that it could be more sinful than eating eggs (potential unborn chicken) and other animals such as cow, goat, pigs, chicken, and etc.

      Delete