Tuesday, November 5, 2019

WG Old China Cafe

My friend gave me a nice lunch treat - set lunch Nasi Lemak Chicken with Iced Lemon Tea - MYR 14.90++. I kept almost all the rice for another friend because I am cutting down on rice. This lemon tea is very special because it seems like they blended a lemon and mixed it with tea so the drink is frothy.

My friend's order - Pie Tee - need to DIY. She also ordered the same set lunch but with hot lemon tea instead. I asked for no sugar so they served us the syrup separately in a small metal jug which we did not use at all.

A Pie Tee. 

 Beneath the 4 Pie Tee Hats is this small saucer of fresh chili dip, very refreshing.

Lunch Special: Nasi Lemak or Nasi Goreng includes a glass of Lemon Tea.

Interior. I sat facing the entrance. 

Left side - Interior.

Right side - Interior.

Old China Cafe at Petaling Street, KL. Located on the same row of shops as Ho Kow and Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock and also the very popular Ho Kow Hainanese Kopitiam that is still having a super long queue when we walked past.

This cafe looks interesting but after glancing at the menu, my friend decided to eat at Old China Cafe.

Kafei Dian at Petaling Street, KL. It is a new cafe which started operations in this location since June 2019 and it has a few other branches too.

14 comments:

  1. The price of the nasi lemak is very good with such a huge chicken drumstick. Pie tee is a very nice snack to eat. Go with the chili dip, shiok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kueh pai tee. Can't get that here. They used to shell the shells and we made our own. Had some in the peninsula but of course, we prefer our own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nasi lemak came is such a generous portion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has been ages since I last went to Petaling street....I didn't got such café there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you like instagrammable cafes should go cos many cafes there.

      Delete
  5. Same for me, haven't been to Petaling St for some time. Can't even imagine where this cafe might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bring SE and JE to cuti cuti Petaling Street?

      Delete
    2. I should hor. Iconic part of our country.

      Delete
    3. definitely during this school long holidays!

      Delete
  6. I think there is one Old China cafe in Penang too which is popular with tourists. I must check out this one at Petaling Street too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean the popular China House in Penang which you must visit for its music and ambiance. it is different from this old china cafe.

      Delete