Tuesday, November 6, 2018

WG Simple Life Multigrain Lontong

I joined my friend for a vegetarian lunch at Simple Life, Midvalley Mall. The local taste set menu caught my interest with a main meal and a drink at MYR 15.90+ (6% SST, the total paid is MYR 16.85 nett).

I ordered the multigrain lontong dish. It has half a hard boiled egg, long beans, cabbage, brinjal, carrot, tempeh, glass noodles and about 7 cubes of compressed rice made from multigrain rice so it is not as soft as the rice cubes in the lontong that I have eaten at Ole Melaka, DC Mall and AMAH, the Sphere. The curry is creamy, not that spicy so it is suitable for me but it is more on the sweet side (I prefer it to be less sweet). I kept half for dinner.

As per my request, I was served a non-sweet cold lime tea that was included in my lunch set. The tea was provided in a tea bag - Dilmah brand premium ceylon tea - and there was half a lime in the glass. I was pleased that it was not a premixed surgary drink.

Total Bill for 2 pax is MYR 34.75 nett.

16 comments:

  1. I like all the ingredients inside the lontong, I love to eat lontong, good that you are eating vegetarian once a week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you written about lontong in your blog before?

      Delete
    2. Yes.

      Here
      http://libbyfu.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-breakfast-this-morning.html?q=lontong

      Delete
  2. I so love lontong! The stir fried asam laksa noodles look real good in the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya didn't think that I would be eating lontong so many times this year.

      Delete
  3. Wah, interesting multi-grain lontong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never taste lontong before. Prefer slight spiciness in my curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well though it is not very spicy, overall can still a bit of spiciness.

      Delete
  5. I would want to taste the lontong. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vegetarian again... luckily got egg hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever eat any vegetarian meals any time of the year?

      Delete
    2. I do actually. Will happily go to a 'chap fan' place. But at higher prices I'd prefer to have meat.

      Delete