Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Awa Mee Tonkotsu Soup

Awa Mee Bar, Midvalley Mall officially opened for business in September, 2018. It was only in October 2018 that we managed to have lunch there.

Both of us ordered one meal from the fixed menu to share - Superior Tonkotsu Noodle Soup at MYR 16.90++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 19.60 nett) with a cup of ginseng tea at MYR 6.90++ (MYR 8 nett). Inside the bowl of rice noodles are deep fried enoki mushrooms and deep fried fish strips which my friend likes.

The pot of soup has the following ingredients - Sliced Pork Belly, Minced Pork, Pork Ball, Dumplings made of fish paste and napa cabbage. If you like the taste of pork, then you will like this soup. I felt just a slight thirst after drinking this soup so I am not sure whether it contains MSG or not.

Item: 112 is the item we ordered in the menu. If one wants more ingredients, one can add fish ball, meat ball (those bursting meat balls), abalone slices, beancurd sheets, enoki mushrooms, tofu, tomato and carb stick for MYR 3++ per portion or prawns, pork belly slices, fish slices, clams, lotus root at MYR 6++ per portion.

For the noodles, one can select A. Yellow noodle, B. Rice Noodle or C. Plain white rice which is not listed in the menu. One can add another portion of noodle at MYR 8.90++ or rice at MYR 1.50++.

Instead of ordering from the fixed menu, one can create your own combination of soup and ingredients as shown in the photo above.

This eatery serves only 5 types of soup:
1. Spicy Soup (which is not for me since I cannot stand very spicy food)
2. Tonkotsu Soup (for those who likes the taste of pork)
3. Seafood Soup (I may try this one day)
4. Stewed Fish and Pickled Cabbage Soup (I have tried this soup on another day and found it to be too salty because it is too sour).
5. Mushroom Soup (don't think I will try this).

Which soup do you think will taste the best?

Total bill for 2 pax sharing 1 meal is MYR 27.60 nett.

Shopfront - Awa Mee Bar, Midvalley Mall

It is located in between Waroeng Penyet and Liang Sandwich Bar on the top floor of Midvalley Mall.

14 comments:

  1. I think I will go for the seafood soup. I can never say no to seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the soup. Pretty sure I would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cabbage meat ball soup. Very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Especially napa cabbages. The more the better!

      Delete
  5. I would go for the tonkotsu soup provided that it does not have an overtly porky smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think you will detect the porky smell since it is not very strong.

      Delete
  6. I like cabbage and meat balls soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't rule out any of the soups as all look acceptable. The mushroom one only will be placed last since it says Vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see you looked through the menu. Although it says vegan you could still add extra portion of meat inside by paying more $$$.

      Delete