Sunday, November 4, 2018

WG Gardens Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung at the Gardens Mall (Midvalley Mall) has a new look so we dropped by for lunch after two years of not eating here. As usual I ordered beef tendon noodles at MYR 23.70+ (6% SST = MYR 25.12 nett). This bowl of noodles taste just as delicious as back in Feb 2014, Jul 2014 and Mar 2015. I share this dish with my friend.

Vege meat Buns at MYR 9.70+ (MYR 10.30 nett) for 3 buns per portion. I kept 2 buns for dinner and gave 1 to my friend. I like to eat this bun/bao because it has lots of vegetables in it.

Previously the vege bao has a pink dot on it. Now it has a green dot.

It has a lot of green vegetables (not sure which type of vegetables), bits of minced pork and bits of glass noodles as its fillings. Please click on the photo above to have a larger view of the fillings.

Interiors - just renovated.

Total costs for 2 pax is MYR 55.65 nett.

My favourite braised beef noodle soup.

Next time I will order the vegetarian mushroom buns.

16 comments:

  1. Ouch! This is one of those Hong Kong franchises, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not Hong Kong. It is a famous and popular must-go-to restaurant in Taiwan.

      Delete
  2. Good to know the quality remains the same as per your previous trips there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been back for a long time. Perhaps can revisit for the beef noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try the beef noodles to see whether you like this type of beef noodles or not.

      Delete
    2. It has a strong spice taste that maybe you won't like.

      Delete
  4. The vegetables bao looks good, i would like to try that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Din Tai Fung is in Sg too so you can try it if you are interested.

      Delete
  5. The noodles and bao looks good and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been there for ages too. Usually I will have the pork chop with fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried that once but the fried rice is not as soft as I would prefer it to be.

      Delete
    2. It's the texture that I like. Reminds me of the rice I had while working in Shanghai - short and fat grains but it isn't sushi rice.

      Delete