Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Fish and Pickled Cabbage Soup

We visited Awa Mee Bar, Midvalley again to try the fish and pickled cabbage soup. This time we chose option C which is rice (not written in the menu but the staff advised us to write option C on the order chit). 

We also added one portion of meat ball (bursting pork balls) at MYR 3++ so our meal is MYR 19.90++ plus MYR 3++ resulting in a total of MYR 22.90++ (10% service charge, 6% SST -> MYR 26.56 nett). For dessert, we had a bowl of Awa beancurd aka tofu fah at MYR 5.90++ (MYR 6.84 nett).

The 4 pieces of fish fillets are deep fried and they taste good. The staff told me that the fish is "Fei Chui Yu" (Fei Chui means Jade) when I asked. I googled and found out it is Jade Perch fish (Scortum barcoo) which is commonly found in Australia (fresh water fish).

I like the pieces of yam in this soup and that the soup is sour so it is very appetising but I don't like that the soup also taste very salty which could be due to the fact that it is very sour. Therefore I won't be ordering this soup again although I like the sour taste and also the pieces of fish. Perhaps next time I will just add deep fried fish fillets to another type of soup.

The photo of this item in the menu sure looks very enticing.

The beancurd (tofu fah) is served cold and is very, very soft and smooth. It tastes delicious with the fragrant brown sugar syrup.

Total price for 2 pax sharing a meal is MYR 33.40 nett.

14 comments:

  1. I think I would like that. Sourish, I guess? Great with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah. Some more cabbage soup. Fish and pickled cabbage soup. I would enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe supposed to eat with a lot of rice. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, if drink all the sour soup, will eat many bowls of rice.

      Delete
  4. I feel hungry when I look your delicious meals.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pickled cabbage soup but not too sour and salty. I love soft and silky tofu fah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you will not find this soup too sour and salty. You will definitely like the tofu fah then. :)

      Delete
  6. I would enjoy that soup as I like salty and sourish taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like this too as I like pickled cabbage soup, very appetizing

    ReplyDelete