Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Go Noodle One Utama

Last Sunday, we went to One Utama and ate brunch at Go Noodle House as per our plan.

1. Choose noodle or pan mee or rice:
a. Noodle - Mi Xian (Thick mee hoon) or Thin Mee Hoon
b. Pan Mee - Thick, Thin or Tear (wide pieces)
c. Rice to go with ala carte soup with chosen ingredients.

2. Choose the soup:
a. Superior Soup (non spicy)
b. Home Made Spicy Soup
c. Dry (for pan mee only)

There is a wide selection of ingredients for you to add to your noodle such as frog meat, grouper fish slices, scallops, clams, fish belly, prawns, fish paste (yu wat), beef slices, pork belly slices, beef balls, blue mussels and bursting meat balls to name a few.

My bowl of Grouper Fish Slices Mi Xian (Thick Mee Hoon) MYR16+ (MYR17.60 nett). The prices stated in the menu are inclusive of the 6% GST but did not include the 10% service charges.

There were 5 grouper fish slices and the broth is not salty at all so I like eating this bowl of noodle although the texture of the fish slices was quite coarse. I think they are somewhat overcooked.

My friend ordered the same item but with thin mee hoon. The price is the same but the broth is salty unlike mine which is not. So inconsistent.

There was no wine in our bowls of fish noodle. It seems that we can buy the wine from this eatery and add it into the broth ourselves. Any unfinished wine left in the bottle will be kept by the eatery for our next visit as can be seen by the many bottles of unfinished wine by other customers on the shelves in the photo above. For this visit, we did not buy any wine.

When we left, there was a queue outside this eatery. Seats were provided for the waiting customers.

Go Noodle House at One Utama is located on the Lower Ground Floor of the new wing.

26 comments:

  1. This is next to the sports outlet right? Used to be err.. forgotten the name dy.

    Must go try it one day and purchase the wine and keep it there. I go there every week so it is okay to leave the wine there ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It used to be the Garden Lifestyle Store and Cafe. Please post about it once you have tried the wine. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a rice person but once in a while I still will have noodles, I especially like Wanton Noodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is One Utama? Malaysia I only been to JB, Malacca, Penang, KL, Port Dickson and Genting

      Delete
    2. Ya most eat noodles and rice sometime or others. Never met one who does not eat noodles at all.

      Delete
    3. One utama is in pj (Petaling jaya), a city next to kl. You can take the aeroline express bus directly from Singapore to one utama and stay in one world hotel.

      Delete
  3. Ooooo...I love the bowl! Have this weakness for blue and whites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seldom go One Utama, mostly just Midvalley or Pyramid.. I like the one with thin mihun, never like fat ones, dunno why..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fat mihun is not those QQ type so it is ok, easy to chew. I seldom goto Pyramid, always midvalley and once in while one utama.

      Delete
  5. This restaurant's main door is in an awkward direction that I only saw it after watching night movies when I got off from the elevator. I still forgot to visit this place during dinner hours. I need to tie a string to my finger.

    The ambiance and decor looks very interesting like those along the streets in Chengdu where the Warlord Liu Bei had walked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the decor is very chinesey. I don't quite like its location. Didn't even notice it until I search for the shop using the store directory interactive screen.

      Delete
  6. Wait a sec... considering my blunder with First World/One World, this is the 3rd blog post in BU vicinity in a row, isn't it? They all happened on the same day? What happened to "I seldom visit this neighborhood", or only applies to Uptown? I always considered Uptown and BU = same area...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you are smart but the 3rd post is tomorrow. The Hokkaido ichiba restaurant post where I mentioned one word hotel is in gardens/midvalley. Tsujiri is in bu vicinity so only 2posts inclusive of this one. Yes both on same day so seldom is still correct cos it has been a few months since I was in bu. Uptown and bu can be considered same area but when I go 1u to eat and then gets full d how to eat in uptown again on same day. So can only tapao ice cream cone. Furthermore I don't eat dinner at night so no ampersand uptown for me since lunch is at 1u cos need to buy grocery there too. Cannot make a trip there just to eat, must put in more activities to get the fuels worth since it is a group outing.

      Delete
    2. Uptown and BU was built by See Hoy Chan's developer. Their 1-U success will see another landmark when the new mall opens in Uptown. Phong Hong will be eating non stop!

      Delete
    3. Their upcoming new residential condos in Uptown are so expensive and fully sold.

      Delete
  7. I can't come if they only sell fish in soupy noodles as my family don't eat anything in soup :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They serve rice and dry pan mee and pork belly, pork meatballs, frogs, beef.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I didn't notice this restaurant when I was at 1-U. I would be reluctant to buy the wine and leave it there. I want to take it home hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wouldn't want to leave my wine there. I wonder would they allow the wine to be taken home. Maybe only if we bring our own bottle to take the wine home.

      Delete
  9. Very Chinese looking restaurant with the decor. I am being a ruce person would opt for tice and superior soup for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice and superior soup with your chosen ingredients would be very tasty too.

      Delete
  10. I like having so many options to add. Where in the world is this located though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is at One Utama new wing, lower ground floor, near the escalator to go down to Caring Pharmacy. Near to Cold Storage. You will surely see it if you walk to Cold Storage from the new wing concourse lower ground floor.

      Delete
    2. Oo I did see the archway (in your last pic). Was peering trying to see the shop! Already had lunch then and was checking it out for next time.

      Delete
    3. Good to hear that you have found it. Can go try next time since you always go to One U.

      Delete