Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Big on Fruit

Last week, these are the fruits that I bought during my weekly grocery trip. Normally I just buy oranges but there was a promotion going on for other fruits so I bought them as well. The bag of 8 Cara cara navel, or red-fleshed navel oranges costs MYR10.90 nett.

This pack of blueberries was on offer. The usual price is MYR9.50 nett but now it is selling for MYR7.90 nett so I bought one pack (125g with 79 blueberries in it). The blueberries were slightly sweet and the taste is quite mild until I couldn't determine what the taste is like, quite unlike the taste of those blueberry flavoured food but I like the taste of fresh blueberries more than those flavoured food so I will buy more of them if they are on offer.

I bought 2 packs of 6 kiwi fruit each for MYR11.10 nett each. I think some other places sell them at a lower price than what I have paid for here. These green kiwi fruit are quite sweet when ripe.

I also bought a pack of 3 ripe avocados at MYR11.90 nett. The usual price is MYR13.40 nett. Avocados are quite expensive here but I like to eat them because they are very creamy with a sulphur taste which I like so I buy them once in a while and eat them plain, sometimes with plain wholemeal bread.

I love to eat cherries but they are very expensive so I only buy them once in a blue moon. This is a 1-kg bag of cherries selling at MYR48.90 nett (usual price is MYR49.90 nett). These fruits should last me for about two weeks.

28 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a whole lot of fruits. We buy blueberries weekly. Other fruits that is always in our cart is golden kiwi, watermelon, oranges and apples. I don't like avocado so you'll never see me buying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruits that are always in your cart are more than the fruits in my post above. Good that all of you eat lots of fruits.

      Delete
  2. I'm awfully boring when it comes to fruits - bananas and papayas only...and sometimes, our black olive - the dabai, not all that crazy about all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it quite difficult to select tasty papayas. Some papayas have the glue taste which I don't like.

      Delete
  3. Ooh. Imported fruits. They are good but costly. I love kiwis and avocados but hardly eat them now as too expensive over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is expensive just like the Musang King durians so just eat them once in a while.

      Delete
  4. The wet market sells the blueberries for RM9 ( and that is considered an offer price). Once a while they lelong for RM7 , then I'll buy. I love cherries too but expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expensive just like branded durians. I prefer to buy grocery from supermarkets because I want to collect points for various cards, hehehehe.

      Delete
  5. Where did you shop for these? The blueberries are cheap. Cherries fluctuate and I don't know the current price - had an overdose already so probably not getting any more this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon supermarket. Wah, you had an overdose of cherries. That is very nice because cherries are so tasty! :)

      Delete
    2. Bought the cherries cheap from Village grocer. :) rm38.90 for 900g.

      Delete
    3. Wah lagi better price! No village grocer near me. :(

      Delete
  6. I love fresh cherries too! I always got them as gifts as I am too stingy to buy them here. The Blueberry was really a good bargain at RM7.90!!! That is the cheapest I ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice you get them as gifts! Is that for the same amount of blueberries 125g?

      Delete
  7. Eat avocado plain??? O.. kay... I suppose avocado to me is like durians for the angmohs... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep eating it plain until you acquire a taste for it. ;) Eat the ripes ones only. Unripe ones are totally not nice.

      Delete
  8. I also paid the same price for those blueberries. Aiyah...forgot to buy avocado! I love cherries but can't bring myself to pay those prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the price of the cherries is like a sum of all the ingredients for you to make one or two very nice cheese cakes?

      Delete
  9. Love buying and eating fruits. Imported ones are normally expensive unless they offer it at a discounted price. Good buy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to eat durians too and our local branded durians are expensive too.

      Delete
  10. Love all the fruits you bought especially the cherries, I think it must be seasonal now, coming all the way from US, RM48 is a good buy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fruits too. Now I am more into our local fruit, durians! End of the week will see what imported fruits are on offer. I am not an avocado fan. But I love all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. u bought all imported fruits...Anyway, I'm longing for local fruits such as rambutan, langsat, mangosteen and durians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eaten almost MYR200 worth of durians in June so no more budget to eat durians liao.

      Delete
  13. For fruits, I only like durians, mango and watermelon, all the rich and sweet fruits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all the fruits you like too but difficult to select tasty mangoes and watermelons. Last month I bought 4 mangoes, all not tasty because somehow the outer part is not that ripe but the inner part all too ripe until watery.

      Delete