Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tsujiri Damansara Uptown

I like to eat ice cream or food made from authentic green tea and not those made from artificial green tea essence so when I read that Tsujiri from Japan has opened a store in Damansara Uptown early this year (end Jan/early Feb 2016), I wanted to give them a try since I like eating their green tea ice cream when I was in Japan but since I seldom visit that neighbourhood, I only get to try them recently. My family was passing through that area so they made a pit stop for me get a takeaway from Tsujiri.

I bought an ice cream cone - O-matcha soft ice cream for MYR6.50 nett as compared to MYR7.20 nett for a similar ice cream from Nana's green tea. Tsujiri soft ice cream is denser with a creamier almost buttery taste whereas Nana's soft ice cream is lighter. Both have the strong authentic green tea taste that I like. I will buy Tsujiri soft ice cream again due to its better price.

I wanted to buy a drink for my spouse so I requested for a green tea drink with no milk, no cream, no sugar, no sugar substitutes so that it is not sweet at all and the staff recommended Tsujiri Signature O-Matcha drink at MYR11 nett. We can have it hot or cold and I selected hot and was given the above paper takeaway cup with a plastic cover. The drink filled half the paper cup. It is not a full paper cup portion because the amount served is according to the small bowl used when one dines in.

The matcha drink is thick and smooth, slightly bitter with a hint of seaweed taste. Not sweet at all considering it is made with hot water and matcha powder only. My spouse says that it is very refreshing and definitely a palate cleanser after eating oily food. It leaves a very pleasant aftertaste in the mouth. I need to check out this drink in Nana's green tea eateries to compare the price and taste.

For those who have not acquired the taste for authentic matcha drink, only try this if you want to attempt to acquire a taste for it. A sip or two from your friend's bowl of Tsujiri Signature O-Matcha will not give you the chance to get used to and like the taste.

Their menu has a selection of Ice Blended drinks, floats, teas, lattes for matcha, houjicha (roasted green tea), yuzu, chocolate, red bean; cakes and mochi; soft serve ice creams; parfaits; and shaved ice. No savoury food though.

This is the eatery in Damansara Uptown. I hope they will open a branch in Midvalley so that I can try out the other items on their menu.

18 comments:

  1. I like the 5th photo of their outer view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of anything green tea my girl loves 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa would love the food here or in Nana's green tea then.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of green tea, but I don't mind green tea ice cream with red bean..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are red bean with green tea ice cream here.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big green tea fan either (including my friends and family). Is it right to say there are less green tea lovers? I think it's the bitterness and intense flavour (unlike those diluted green teas we get at Japanese restaurants...those don't count) that most seem to dislike. I wonder why coz I totally support the health benefits of all things green tea...but, in the end, I guess it comes down to taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, is it right to say there are less pork/durian/cheese lovers? Where? In Msia? ;p I guess it is all in the mind, not the taste because some people when they open their mind and eat a lot of a certain food that they do not like in the first place, they may come to acquire the taste for it and like it. :D

      Furthermore the green tea served in Tsujiri and Nana is a class above the rest in KL unless their standard drop later.

      Delete
  5. Green tea is good. I still go for the authentic green tea. Not so into the other by-products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overly sweet other by-products are also a no-no for me but not-that-sweet ones are ok.

      Delete
  6. I am a huge fan of green tea. Argghh...at Uptown! Is just too beat the heavy traffic there even during weekend. I will love to go some day for the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The traffic and crowd was ok when I was the during the weekend around 3 pm.

      Delete
  7. "I will buy Tsujiri soft ice cream again due to its better price"... hmm, when? Another 6 months down the road? Since you said you don't visit that neighborhood. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know when. May be more than 6 months later, hehehehe.

      Delete
  8. The soft ice cream looks nice and I will have it if it is vanilla. I don't like green tea desserts, that's why I never stepped into this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like the green tea desserts you have eaten so far because you have not tried Nana's Green Tea or Tsujiri's Green Tea yet. They are a class above the rest (unless their standard drops later). For vanilla ice cream, no need to eat at this place lah.

      Delete