Sunday, September 10, 2023

Chap Fun Day Milky Coffee

On Sunday 10.sep.2023, it is chapfan day!
Elderlies' lunch:
Tuck Tuck Tei coffee shop 3jc mihun soup and Sing Kee Kitchen's no rice chapfan.
Elderlies' dinner:
126 mixed rice Sri Petaling chapfan, one with rice, one no rice.

*** Sing Kee Kitchen Taman Desa ***

10.29 am - two chapfan no rice and one iced Cham drink MYR 23 nett. My pumpkin, one braised egg and kao choy omelette is good enough for one meal since I am eating two meals on this day.

*** Clear Food ***
3.13 pm - he ate half an avocado for his breakfast so the remaining half avocado in the fridge is for me so I ate it with 2 slices of bread, 2 pistachios, 1 piece of steamed purple sweet potato and I drank one can of 240 ml Wonda milk coffee drink as below:

He was given this foc 240 ml can of Wonda Milk Coffee Drink French Edition Coffee when he passed the toll booth in his car when going to Puchong to consult the GP with the elderly. So he tasted it and found it to be very milky so he asked me to drink it all. It is very milky indeed but I am ok to drink it.

*** 126 Mixed Rice Sri Petaling ***

4.47 pm - total price MYR 17.30 nett for two chapfan no rice. I like to eat one piece of sardine at this eatery because I don't want to open a can of sardines at home and eat it for a few days so I eat sardines at chapfan eateries as I like to eat sardines.

The steamed egg is one portion but I believe I got charged for more than one portion because the bottom part of the square of steamed egg I put next to the top of the square of steamed egg so it looks as if I scooped more than one square of steamed egg. 

Next time I must scooped one whole square of steamed egg very carefully from top to bottom in two halves and placed it nicely on my plate to show that it is only one square of steamed egg and not more. Who would have imagined that scooping steamed egg in chapfan eateries would require skill and strategy to avoid getting charged more than what is taken.

44.05 in the morning.
44.1 the next morning after Sunday 2 chapfan no rice and teatime avocado bread.

*** traditional brocade clouds sea waves ***

Dress, handbag and fabric for carrying out traditional cultural custom.

8 comments:

  1. Is the Wonda Milk Coffee very sweet? I have never tried these canned coffees. How unfortunate you were charged for more than one portion of steamed egg. It can be so tricky when scooping dishes. My partner complained that he was charged extra simply because he scooped up a dish that had some veggies from another dish that someone accidentally dropped when scooping >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By my standard, yes the milk coffee is sweet and it has a commercial coffee taste that I don't think you will like because my spouse and I don't like that taste too.

      Thank you for sharing about your partner chapfan experience. I better take note of that too. Ya it is tricky.

      Delete
  2. Interesting to have a standard square of steamed egg qualifying as one portion. Yeah if you halved it and put side by side, would look like double.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two halves of one square is one portion. Won't look double because they know how big is one square but they cannot tell how thick the square should be. So if just scoop one square, definitely won't be able to get both sides of the square due to the size of the scoop. This chapfan stall has drawn the lines clearly for the squares but other chapfan stalls don't draw any lines on the steamed eggs.

      Delete
    2. Aha so there are lines there already. Ok smart also. I only see those where people scoop themselves, no lines.

      Delete
    3. Ya also got places with no lines.

      Delete