Tuesday, May 18, 2021

So Tasty

 

On Thu, 13.may.21 which is Raya day 1, I went to RT Pastry, Taman Desa to buy the Taro Swiss Roll again because it is delicious - light, fluffy and taste refreshingly good. The light fresh cream complements the taro jelly paste in the middle. It is not that sweet and the colour is very light purple. The price is MYR 13.60 nett.

As I am the only person eating it, I use a spoon to scoop the swiss roll but I make sure that my saliva and my mouth does not touch the spoon at all when I eat the cake. Today, 5 days after buying it, there is still half a taro swiss roll in my fridge. I tend to eat food slowly.

On that day, the chocolate swiss roll is on offer with a promotional price of MYR 10 nett when the normal price is MYR 11.80 nett so I bought one roll. It has heavy butter cream instead of light fresh cream so I prefer the taro swiss roll. After 5 days, there is still half a chocolate swiss roll in my fridge.

24 comments:

  1. I would prefer taro to chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I would prefer chocolate to taro. Ha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U need to decide u like fresh cream or butter cream.

      Delete
    2. I do prefer fresh cream though.

      Delete
    3. Then u need to eat both to see which one u like better.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I miss Taro cake. As I am living alone on top of eating alone, I will use spoon to scoop on my swiss rolls too, and I don't give a flying f*** about my saliva getting on the cake hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your saliva gets on the cake, it means you will eat all in one sitting else if u keep the cake with your saliva in the fridge, it will go bad very fast.

      Delete
  4. Wah, one swiss roll can last you many days while me, I can finish one roll in one sitting LOL! I am very tempted to go to RT to look for this taro swiss roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please go buy if you have a chance but the taste may be too light for you. You may prefer heavier butter cream like the chocolate swiss roll.

      Delete
  5. I am very keen to try this Taro cake. I am afraid I cannot finish one roll in a week as my wife is allergic to Taro. According to TCM this Taro has certain level of toxic. I find that difficult to believe but my wife always got allergy reactions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmm I think in 3 days you will be able to finish eating the taro swiss roll because it is light. Everyone is different. There are people who are allergic to eggs.

      Delete
  6. i miss taro, Chinese taro cake and taro swiss roll~~ LOL! I seldom eat taro coz someone in the house is allergy to it. So, if i m to buy the taro swiss roll most likely i will have to finish it alone too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be like PH, in one sitting eat the whole swiss roll. It is light enough so you can do that.

      Delete
  7. The taro one looks better. My neighbourhood bakery has fresh vs butter cream cakes too and fresh is a lot nicer. I think butter cream can be nice also but no expert on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people may like the richer butter taste of butter cream.

      Delete
  8. I seldom go for swiss rolls because of the cream in between but ice cream is different..hahaha.. I love the cream in the ice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me. I usually avoid swiss roll due to the cream but this taro swiss roll has very little cream because it has the big square of taro paste jelly in the middle.

      Delete
  9. I think I will enjoy the taro swiss roll. Haven't bought swiss roll for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will too cos not that sweet.

      Delete