Monday, May 17, 2021

Daorae Kimchi Pancake

On Fri 14.may.21, I felt like eating Kimchi Pancake so I searched for a restaurant nearby to buy takeaway but the Korean restaurants in the vicinity are all still closed when I went out to buy food around 9 am so I had to order food delivery via beepit when we got back home with our takeaway food. This kimchi pancake from Daorae, Sri Petaling costs MYR 30+ and has more kimchi cabbages in it than the pancake dough better so it is worth paying this price for. There are 3 or 4 other restaurants nearby with kimchi pancake around MYR 18+ but I chose Daorae due to its reputation. The whole pancake is cut into 8 segments which will take me 4 to 5 days to finish because I only eat a maximum of two segments a day.

I don't know why I order this short beef ribs set too at MYR 28+ because I will have to finish it myself since he feels that beef taste is too strong for him. Needless to say, I didn't eat this dish at all on Friday itself. I bite off more than I could chew in this case. It is going to be a struggle for me to finish this beef set and will take me a few days to do so.

I was surprised to get banchans too. Didn't expect it. The kimchi is tasty but the anchovies are too salty and sweet at the same time.

Two sets of banchans. He helped me finish one set and I ate one set of banchans with only one portion of anchovies being kept for the future.

The beef set includes glass noodles and rice which I kept in the fridge. The rice was used to cook fried rice today, Mon 17.may.21 for lunch shared by two of us.

Beepit got Lalamove to deliver the above food. I was lucky to get delivery because I read that sometimes when the various apps couldn't find any delivery people, the placed order will get cancelled.

Need to add MYR 1.50 for the plastic containers for each food order. Delivery fees cost MYR 5.50 nett.

On the next day, Sat, 15.may.21, I ate some beef short ribs with all the glass noodles in the broth with super strong beef taste for dinner at 7.30 pm.

On the 3rd day, Sun 16.may.21 at around 4.30 pm, I had to eat all the short beef ribs that are still remaining in the fridge. I requested him to try a piece of lean beef and he did. It wasn't a nice experience for him because he said that the beef taste was too strong for him and he had to drink hot thick coffee after that to get rid of the beef after taste in his mouth.

I didn't want to throw away the beef broth and the broth was too much for me to drink just like that, so I decided to add daikons to it. Now that I am no longer going to Midvalley Mall for my weekly grocery, on Sundays, I go to the supermarket in taman Desa for my groceries.

Bought this pack of 3 daikons yesterday.

The daikons or radish costs MYR 7.07 nett.

I cut all 3 daikons and put it into a pot.

I also bought the cheapest pack of raw beef I could find in the Supermarket at MYR 11.90 nett for 170 g at MYR 69.99 per kg to make beef jerky.

Just put it into the pot with two squares of hard cheong fatty tofu. Then I pour the beef broth from Daorae into the pot with 300 ml of water. Bring it to boil and then simmer it for 1 hour 26 mins on a gas stove.

The broth has been reduced to less than one small bowl when I switch off the gas stove.

I got my beef jerky and the daikons and tofus taste very good. Guess I shouldn't chin chai order food else I need to spend time cooking in the kitchen to ensure that the food I ordered will not go to waste. Serves me right, lolx! So I spent yesterday, Sun 16.may.21 in the kitchen cooking when I have decided not do any cooking anymore. Guess it will help me to remember this lesson. Don't order more than I could chew. 😅

12 comments:

  1. Kimchi pancake? The ladies in the house would love this. Yesterday, they cooked chapjae to enjoy. I had something else. Mrs went out today - saw basins of Chinese cabbage, chives, radish...it looks like she is going to make kim chi, my girl thinks hers is the best - thank you very much! Ahhhh!!! You cooked your own galbi tang!!! Bravo!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your wife's kimchi is very tasty! Hahahaha, I didn't cook the soup. I just extended the life of the soup by adding more things to it so I don't need to pour it away as I love to eat daikon.

      Delete
  2. The Daorae chain is the best and most reputable. Everything is good from there including their services. Every outlet have Korean managers inside who are strict to the staff and kitchen. Terbaik.
    Your order looked great and worth it.

    It is very easy to experiment making Kimchi Pancake and Kimchi Jigae Stew. Try it until perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Daorae kimchi pancake is filled with kimchi! Hahahaha too bad that I am too lazy to cook unless forced to like this time.

      Delete
  3. Mun is COOKING... hahahah. Luckily turned out well or there'd be way more to finish since you added so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can eat a lot of radish aka daikon so won't be too much. Hahahaha I think this can be called heating up instead of cooking. 😂

      Delete
  4. haha....yea don't over-excited and order more than could chew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayaya, must remember that when doing ordering.

      Delete
  5. After reading this post you made me yearning for Kimchi. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good not to waste food. Need to plan and order properly and economically.

    Glad the beef with daikon turned out good. Beef looked soft. Once a while I also like to use daikon in my soup but I use pork rib instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation is too great when I order so my fingers will run away and press this and that resulting in a lot of food.

      Delete