Tuesday, January 22, 2019

CNY Decor 2 Malls

A small platform as the stage. Houses with roof beams but without roof tiles, hhmmmmm...

The green plants - are they bamboos? - give the whole space a refreshing look - like an idyllic village.

Overall look of the CNY Decor at Midvalley Mall.

Another view. 

A bunch of pink and red lanterns hanging at the Gardens Mall. These lanterns are in light blue too, hanging at another spot.

The so said light blue lanterns. There are also another type of red lanterns with pink flowers hanging from the ceiling.

Just like previous years, the Gardens Mall will have CNY booths for patrons to take photos with.

Another two photo booths. There are more of them scattered around the ground floor of this mall.

*** A&W Sri Petaling ***

I am happy to note that the A&W branch is still in business in Sri Petaling. I am not sure why I was under the impression that it has closed after my previous visit there during CNY day 3 in 2018. Since it is still open, I had my favourite root beer float with coney sausage bun there again. Who is counting calories?

Beef sausage bun served in a basket. Taste is still acceptable.

Now I am smarter. Instead of a large glass of Root Beer with 1 scoop of ice cream, I asked for a regular glass of Root Beer with 2 scoops of ice cream which taste better. This time, the drink was cold enough so it was a satisfying meal as compared to the not-so-cold drink that I had at the branch in PJ.

The price I noticed is lower than in 2018. I also bought a takeaway children meal which includes a stationery set. So I will be back once in a while to indulge myself in calories. :)

20 comments:

  1. I have never been to Midvalley for Chinese New Year. The decorations look good. Definitely better than my hometown. I guess I need to snap some photos of the Chinese Ne Year decorations in Melaka too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be a lot of cny decor in melaka.

      Delete
  2. Ouh...you are right. Order the regular one with 2 scoops of ice creams. Hmm...good tip. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lanterns especially the ones with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The décor in mid valley seems lacking in red. The One U looks nicer and more vibrant. Yea, the A&W in SP is still around. I earlier thought it is no longer there, probably the shop/signboard not obvious enuff to get noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so you prefer red red decor too. Good that it is still around.

      Delete
  5. Very nice decoration. No more A&W branch in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I would do too - a regular root beer and two scoops of ice cream as I am more interested in the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you take a lot of photos of yourself at the Gardens Mall booth? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people waiting to take photos in the booths so didn't join. :)

      Delete
  8. I like the CNY photo booths at Gardens Mall.

    The next time I want to try sausage bun at A & W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved the CNY decorations at The Gardens Mall. They always chose unique and very classic themes! I need to find time to explore the different malls this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha lovely deco at Midvalley.

    ReplyDelete