Sunday, January 20, 2019

WG Grandmama

I had ABC (Mixed shaved ice dessert) only for lunch at MYR 8.50++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 9.86 nett).

I find it delicious because I like the taste of the red rose syrup, vanilla ice cream and all the ingredients such as longan, corn, red beans, peanuts put together. They are also very smart to serve the coconut syrup separately in a small jug without me having to request them to do so. This way, I could adjust the sweetness to my preference. The coconut syrup tastes very strongly of coconut - just like those coconut candy wrapped in colourful transparent foil that we used to eat when young - which my friend does not like because she does not like the taste of coconut.

Both my friends had Hainanese Chicken Rice at MYR 16++ (MYR 18.56 nett) each. They said that the chicken rice is tasty.

Grandmama's at Pavilion Mall.

10 comments:

  1. We have a Kampung Grandma here but nothing kampung about the place and nothing like grandma's either. Now we have a Niang jia coming up soon, mum's house. The dessert looks good - I don't mind the taste of coconut but not a fan of rose syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they think people feel that Grandmas or mothers cook the best dishes. Both gula melaka and rose syrup are tasty.

      Delete
  2. I normally put a lot of coconut syrup, or is it gula melaka by the way.. Madam Kwan also serve like that..separately..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, gula melaka. Long time I have not been to Madam Kwan.

      Delete
  3. The desserts look really huge in portion. But RM10 for shaved ice is a bit too much for me. I would rather spend that money on food. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ate this shaved ice for lunch so it is my food.

      Delete
  4. We went looking for rojak and ABC but the shop was closed! Ended up eating laksa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and funny name! I love that.
    I must try their ABC when I pass that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there are other food there that you may prefer.

      Delete