Monday, April 5, 2021

Swee Hing Rojak

Swee Hing coffee shop in Sri Petaling is one of the coffee shops I go to every week to buy takeaway food.

On the right of this photo is the Rojak stall of Swee Hing coffee shop.

It is operated by a teenager.

These are the ingredients.

I usually asked for no sotong.

Tofu, potatoes, coconut fritters are part of the ingredient.

Sometimes I asked for no gravy. The gravy is sweetish peanut gravy. The bag contains raw beansprouts, julienned cucumbers and jicama.

No peanut gravy this time.

Because I have remaining curry gravy from another meal in the fridge.

Once I requested for no cut so the fritter, tofu and coconut fritter are not cut into slices. I buy this Rojak almost weekly. The price is between MYR 6 to 7 nett.

16 comments:

  1. I would want to buy that rojak too. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I feel like I have been here before...the rojak does look like the ones we have here in Melaka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. The rojak looked good. Nice to go with curry gravy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure I would like the rojak too. Sounds yummy especially with the peanut sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah...deep fried stuffs! i like! but not until eating them every week la.. U don't like sotong? I like the chewy sotong & the crispy deep fried keropok in rojak. But seems like this rojak don't have that keropok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But u eat rice everyday also ok? The sotong is those not white sotong used in kangkung sotong so it is more crunchy than chewy. I prefer eggs so I asked for eggs to replace the sotong. I guess could pay for both at a higher price. I think those with keropok are pasembor, not this kind of Rojak. U remember any places can eat this Rojak with the keropok?

      Delete
    2. eh i thought this is Indian rojak aka Pasembor....though the ingredients could vary abit but is still Indian rojak/Pasembor. The truck nearby the SP mosque provides keropok.

      Delete
    3. hehe....i don't eat rice everyday...

      Delete
  6. I had this quite often as there was a branch of the famous SS15 one near my client office. Have never ever omitted sauce though! I notice yours comes with a whole egg as well - given the choice I'd have taken half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially requested for one whole egg. Eat the sweet peanut gravy often will definitely put on weight.

      Delete
  7. I love this type of rojak. Is it like Indian rojak? Since I have never come across Chinese selling this type of rojak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes because if you look closely at photo 1, u can see a sign on their stall that says "OUG Indian Rojak" lolx! 😆😄So this is the first stall you see with a different skin colour person selling this type of Rojak.

      Delete