Sunday, April 4, 2021

Mr Wu Sri Petaling Pick-up

I am curious after reading PH's article about Mr. Wu in Uptown and her delivery order so when I found out that there is a Mr. Wu in Sri Petaling, I placed my order via Foodpanda and on my way home, I picked up my order. 

Chòu Tofu is popular due to its very, very crispiness. It isn't suitable for takeaway orders if the crispiness cannot be maintained.

I didn't buy extra sauce. The sauce given is garlic sweet sauce with lots of minced garlic in it.

Acceptable but different from the good ones I have eaten in Taiwan because this pickled cabbage is sweet whereas the pickled cabbage I ate in Taiwan is sourish.

The smell is there but not that strong. The smell didn't linger in my house like the smell of durian.

The way to eat this Chòu Tofu and to enjoy it is to eat it immediately when it is still crispy with the pickled cabbage. Put lots of both in the mouth and chew. This way, we will only feel the very crispiness and the blended taste of tofu and cabbage, won't taste the smelliness at all. Not to nibble at the tofu slowly.

Small portions of jiao zi aka dumplings. They are Beijing style jiao zi so don't expect them to have thin skins like Wantons or Cantonese style sui gao.

There are only two types of fillings available: meat with leeks or meat with cabbage. I bought a small portion of 5 each. They didn't specify which type of fillings are in the fried jiaozi which I ordered a small portion also.

Passable only. The skin is not thick and due to being a takeaway order, the skin has kind of dried up and is a bit hard. Tasty jiaozi has thick doughy soft skin with juicy fillings. The fillings of these jiaozi are a bit on the salty side.

Oyster pancake. I also didn't buy extra sauce so I was given a sweetish slightly orange sauce which I don't know what it is though I have used up all the sauce because I didn't want to keep the sauce in my fridge.

I like this pancake because unlike those oyster oh jian in Taiwan that has those translucent gooey chewy qq flour, this pancake is just a normal pancake with firm flour, eggs, vegetable and oysters. I am not sure what vegetables were in this pancake.

This Mr Wu oyster pancake is not the authentic Taiwan oyster pancake aka Taiwan oh jian. But I prefer this one rather than the authentic ones.

This braised minced meat rice with crispy chicken chop is the winner because it is loaded with ingredients and has a very good affordable price - only MYR 16.90 nett for ala carte. I didn't order the set meal which includes a beverage.

This meal has a piece of chicken chop, minced lean pork which I like, braised egg and tofu, sausage, rice and cabbage. Two of us shared this meal for lunch at 12.34 noon.

7 packs for 6 items.

They arranged all 7 packs neatly into a plastic bag and put this bag on a table at the entrance of the shop to be collected. No staff in sight so I just took it. I wonder what if someone else took it instead. They should have at least a staff to check that the right person collected the order.

My order of 6 items. The list price on food panda is a bit higher than the dine in menu I believe so for self pickup, a 15% discount is given so instead of MYR 71.70,  the total price is only MYR 60.94 nett.

The shop with the yellow sign board is Mr. Wu eatery. There are many Grabfood and Food Panda riders waiting outside the eatery to collect their orders to be delivered to their customers.
 
The receipt that was stapled to the plastic bag. The discounted amount is MYR 10.76 nett. I can understand why Mr. Wu is a popular eatery. It is because the main meals provide good value for money and are tasty. Similar restaurants charge more for the main meals.

14 comments:

  1. Taiwanese oyster pancake sure does not look like the or chian over at your side. Love the ones in Penang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mr wu oyster pancake is not the authentic Taiwan or chian.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. Will try ur method of eating stinky tofu nxt time. I think i shld go to Taiwan to taste the authentic Taiwanese food to give a fair review😂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! There is a chou tofu van parked outside the Sri petaling multistorey car park. I think their tofu should be nice and crispy because I have seen people buying from them. U can go try theirs. Definitely u have to go to Taiwan to makan makan at all the popular night markets. Once vaccinated, can fly d.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you tried Mr Wu's food. From your photo, the stinky tofu is fried till nice and brown while mine was not like that. I suppose yours is more crispy. So you did not find the dumpling skin too thick though it looks thick in your photo like the ones I had. One more thing I want to try is the oyster pancake. I agree that their main meals are affordable and value for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reviews that caused me to try this shop. Sad to say, cannot takeaway the tofu cos got water condensation. When I find a nice soft thick doughy jiaozi with tasty fillings in PJ and KL, I will let everyone know about it. So far, cannot find one comparable to those many jiaozi shops in Taiwan. These skins are thicker than Wantons skin of course but not thick when compared to Taiwan thick skin jiaozi. The oyster pancake is normal pancake with oysters, not authentic gooey oyster pancake. It is not as crispy as korean pancakes. Do have it in the shop to see if it is crispier.

      Delete
  4. I havent taste stinky tofu. Did not get chance to try while in Chinabut a friend managed to buy and try. Not snelly, she said. Lol.

    I dont think anyone is selling it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend is correct, when eating it, not smelly. Not in kuching? Got ppl sell in kl and pj.

      Delete
  5. Yupe! We need some skills while eating stinky tofu indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to 'appreciate' stinky tofu haha. (Will run a mile actually.) At least you did find you like some of the items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried them? Must go try if you go to Taichung in Taiwan. Super crispy. No that smell in the taste when eating them.

      Delete
    2. Tried before once in HK. Enough.

      Delete