Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Ming Kee Porridge Jalil Link

Teng Zai Congee at MYR 10+ (MYR 10.60 nett). Teng Zai Juk is Cantonese for 艇仔粥 aka Boat Congee. Ingredients are just spring onions, strips of dried squid, peanuts and Nori 海苔 aka edible dried seaweed.

This eatery started operating in Dec 2020 at Jalil Link and it is the 5th branch I believe.

Storefront.

Bought this congee for his lunch on Sat 17apr21.

*** 10% off for Takeaways in April 2021 for Rakuzen ***

It has been more than one year that I didn't eat my favourite grilled salmon with salt aka salmon shioyaki from Rakuzen, the Gardens Mall so I bought it as a takeaway. Have decided not to dine in.

Also bought the Saba Set. The top left compartment contains deep fried salmon head which don't have any meat.

As I have been feeling like eating steak but didn't want to pay through my nose for good ones, I ordered this beef teppanyaki set for MYR 49+ which gives me 14 cubes of tender juicy beef. I asked for it to be well done and it was. I am savouring them slowly by eating two cubes a day. 

The compartment on the bottom right contains two pieces of deep fried salmon meat and next to it are slices of garlic instead of pickled radish. The vegetables compartment has cabbage, carrots, green and red capsicum, and beansprouts with wok hei.

The set lunch includes a bowl of miso soup and a bowl of chawanmushi.

The beef set has a bowl of fried rice which was eaten on the next day Tue 20.apr.21 as dinner.

Total price after 10% discount for Takeaways is MYR 124 nett.

For April 2021, there is 10% off for Takeaways and MYR 20 e-voucher for every MYR 250 spent.

The fried rice for dinner the next day with added iceberg vege and kfc nuggets from the previous Thursday, 5 days ago. There is half a piece of salmon shioyaki hidden underneath the fried rice. This fried rice has wok hei as well.

*** Duck rice takeaway ***

As we still have spicy sour mustard greens from Sunday, we bought roast duck rice for mon 19.apr.21 to eat with the mustard greens as monday's dinner.

The remaining portion of roast duck rice for Tuesday's lunch to finish up the remaining spicy sour mustard greens from Sunday.

Finally cleared this bowl of spicy sour mustard greens after eating it for 3 meals on 3 days.

Village Roast Duck whole leg rice at MYR 17.90 nett.

14 comments:

  1. A tasty food post!! Yummy. All fit my tastebuds. Lol. I would like the roast duck rice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salmon with salt looks good. :)

    Wow...porridge for RM11...kinda expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos u can easily cook this congee at home I guess.

      Delete
  3. 5th branch? Gee! Must be really good! I like the look of that Saba set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to try other types of congee to know good or not.

      Delete
  4. steak!!! i m so tempted to order that beef teppanyaki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do order it! It is affordable and tasty!

      Delete
  5. Porridge and beef teppanyaki look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef tastes good. I didn't eat the congee so I don't know.

      Delete
  6. Wait that beef teppanyaki is going to last 7days? Maybe can increase daily quota hehe. Too long maybe taste not so nice already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is day 4 and still got 6 cubes of beef in the fridge. Must slowly savour. The taste will be better cos aged beef mah,lolx! 😂

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA. I believe that's a different kind of aging!

      Delete