Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Dotty

 I bought the salted egg yolk cronut from Dotty's Pastries and Coffee reviewed here in 2016 by beepit delivery which was delivered by a food panda rider. Beepit and food panda must be collaborating to do the delivery.

Sun 18.apr.21 2.30 pm - ate a quarter of Dotty's salted egg yolk cronut. The cronut is heavy and rich so I kept the remaining 3 quarters for another day. The salted egg yolk is sweet and salty.

It is quite big.

I ordered a total of 8 items from Dotty's KLCC branch.

I received a call after placing my order online to let me know that the banana cake at MYR 10 and cinnamon roll at MYR 7 are not available so they gave me a few choices to select as replacement. My replacement choices are plain butter croissant at MYR 7 and speculoos croissant at MYR 13 that has biscoff biscuit and biscoff biscuit spread on top of it.

Salted egg yolk croissant at MYR 14+.

Tue 20.apr.21 12.41 noon - ate this salted egg yolk croissant as lunch. Was surprised to see that in addition to the salted egg yolk toppings there are salted egg yolk fillings too.

In fact, there is a huge lump of salted egg yolk fillings so I kept it to be used as bread spread. Will need a few days to finish eating this big lump.

Salted egg yolk doughnut at MYR 9+.

Gave this donut to my friend. She cut it into halves and sent me this photo.

Close up. Not as much salted egg yolk fillings as the croissant.

More photos from my friend. Seems like I was wrong. The fillings are just as thick as the croissant's fillings. Even lau sar bao doesn't have this much salted egg yolk fillings. The salted egg yolk fillings taste better with donuts than with croissants because it doesn't go well with flaky buttery layers of the croissant as well as the cronut.

Speculoos croissant with biscoff biscuits toppings at MYR 13+.

Plain butter croissant at MYR 7+. It has a strong sweet fragrant butter taste so he couldn't eat it.

They even include a small container of Flechard salted butter.

Butter cake at MYR 12+.

Made from butter, self rising flour, castor sugar, salt, evaporated creamer, vanilla essence, butter oil and eggs.

Taste ok, no fake butter fragrance. A bit dry but still oily. Consider to be in the category of can buy again. My friend says this is really buttery so if you like very buttery butter cakes, can buy this cake from Dotty's.

Salted egg yolk burnt cheese cake at MYR 20+.

Top part is cheese, bottom yellowish part taste strongly of salted egg yolk. Sweet so cannot eat more than one quarter each day.

The cheese part is dense and tastes of real cheese. The bottom part tastes of real salted egg yolk so this cake is extremely rich and authentic.

Apam Gula Hangus Cake at MYR 14+.

The bottom part is very firm as it is the cake also known as Kuih gula Hangus, kek sarang semut or Honeycomb cake.

The top green paste has pandan and coconut taste. This cake is topped with coconut shavings. He ate half and I wrapped up.

8 items in 7 boxes and 1 cake in cling wrap. Dotty's pastries and coffee uses real butter and real cheese so it is worth buying.

14 comments:

  1. Wah...i m drooling at the salted egg donut, croissant, cheesecake & butter cake!!! Must buy at least RM100 to get free delivery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you are so smart! You are right! If u go klcc u can go buy from this Dotty's place. the butter cake is very buttery according to my friend cos I have a very high tolerance for butter taste.

      Delete
  2. Salted egg yolk cronut sounds good, not as sweet but I've grown out of anything salted egg yolk though. Overkill. That apam looks like to die for! I'd go for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just ate too much of it last time. 😂

      Delete
  3. More cronuts! I have never tried. The Apam Gula Hangus Cake should be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them are tasty. I like the cheese cake the best.

      Delete
  4. You bought so many items. :)

    I totally love having all these available via delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ya. Better make the delivery trip worth it so buy more. Yes very convenient to get delivery because it doesn't make sense for us to drive all the way there just to pick up our order since we are no longer dining in.

      Delete
  5. I would like to try the croissants, butter cake and burnt cheesecake. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... I surrender to you! Your tooth is definitely sweeter than mine... hahaha... I like the apom gula hangus... Looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I just love to eat good quality cakes and budget ice cream!

      Delete
  7. Wow...you can really wallop a lot of sweet dessert and pastries for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete