Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Walls Mochi Durian Matcha

Finally get a chance to buy this pack of 4 mochi ice cream for MYR 11 nett so it is MYR 2.75 nett for each.


Light matcha taste in the mochi slightly chewy skin which is a bit thick when compared to the skin of Lotte mochi ice cream balls here which I ate in 2017. The durian ice cream has genuine durian taste but is more of ice cream texture than durian pulp texture but is still tasty. A pleasant icy dessert treat.


Made locally in this country so it is one more move to support local products.


Bought this box in Giant supermarket. I did my above buying in 14 minutes max, dash in and dash out and keep my distance of 2 metres from other people while wearing a mask to protect others.


 *** Monday 5 Oct 2020 d202 ***


2.30 pm - my lunch of a small bowl of rice with the braised food from the day before bought from Kam Heong coffee shop, PJ.


12.09 pm - finished the remaining portion of the coffee bun which has butter in it from the day before. Bought from a small bakery in taman desa, near Sepetang coffee shop.


11.35 am - he combines all the different braised food together after reheating for the whole day: duck meat, salted vege which is not that salty but appetising, very flavourful mushrooms, braised eggs, duck livers and duck gizzard.


11 am - I nearly forgot that I have to finish eating this teluk intan ccf. Two rolls of ccf are a bit too much for me, should buy just one roll of ccf if possible.


9.42 am - sweet start to the day, just ate the middle piece with the salted egg yolk.


8.33 am - not my dessert after a breakfast of 4 or 5 frozen jiao zi. He ate a fish red bean pastry. The pastry is thin compared to the red bean fillings. He prefers thicker mooncake dough or those fish pastry with no fillings, childhood reminiscence but it is sweet so cannot eat too much in a day.

5.30 pm - not my dinner of stir fry yellow noodles from the Mee jawa the previous day with duck gravy and duck meat with coriander so all remaining small partial food portions from previous days are finished now. The braised food is still around to last us the whole week.

20 comments:

  1. I still hav some mooncakes to clear this week. Yea, sweet start of the day throughout the week i WFH😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All 3 of you eat or only u eating the moon cakes to clear? 😋😋😋

      Delete
    2. Then should be no issue clearing them if everyone eats.

      Delete
  2. I guess I shall not be buying those - my girl is not into mochi...or anything like that including onde onde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have...a lot of mooncakes to finish. LOL :D

    The chee cheong fun looks very thick that was why you couldn't finish them. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can keep and eat for the whole year until next moon cake festival. The ccf is thick, u r right.

      Delete
  4. Haven't see the Walls flavour here. Don't think I would try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mochi looks interesting, I'll keep a lookout for it. Yeah these days the cases are so high. Have to start being vigilant again.

    Braised food goes well with porridge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any giant supermarket near you? Yes that stall got sell congee too.

      Delete
    2. Nope and I haven't been to Giant for years.

      Delete
  6. I can finish the whole packet of CCF at one go.. and especially during daytime, I am more hungry then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And especially if you have not eaten anything for the day yet.

      Delete
  7. I have tried frozen durian mochi before and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, better to play safe than to be sorry. I love food which are braised.

    ReplyDelete