Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Cakes for One Week

 
Cakes and scones for this week.

Banana cake, chocolate cake and scones.

I would say that this is chiffon cake. Very soft and fluffy with a rich chocolaty taste. Just sweet enough so I could eat the whole cake in one sitting but I controlled myself and didn't do that.

The banana cake has a finer texture but is a bit too sweet for me. MYR 11.50 nett for this cake is good value for money.

Total price is MYR 33.10 nett and they accepts card payment now. Usually there is a long queue at the cashier counter. On the previous Sunday, there was a shorter queue so I just hopped in and bought the cakes impromptu. Not pre-planned.

*** Monday 12 Oct 2020 d209 ***

I ate my mcd fish fillet without tartar sauce bought on Saturday as breakfast.

Not my lunch of pork trotter from the Sunday one week ago from Kam Heong, PJ cooked with salted vege and fresh mustard leaves vege with noodles.

There are still a lot of salted vege with mustard leaves in the wok so have to keep them for another day.

Kept the remaining pork trotter in a round pyrex bowl for another day in the fridge and ate noodles with just the salted vege and mustard leaves for my lunch.

I finished up the taro pie from BK.
The cremeria berries yogurt ice cream from many moons ago is still in the freezer.

So ate some but too sweet, just too sweet so put this much back into the freezer. Hopefully I can finish eating it before Nov 2020.

Tried cooking steam rice with the khind mini multipot that I bought. Steamed half cup of rice with half cup of water for 30 mins. Pot is 600W. Rice is bouncy so it works.

I ate BK spicy fried chicken drumstick and some fries for dinner. Quite spicy the chicken.

Not my dinner of bkt with steamed rice and siew Pak choy. There is still remaining bkt enough for another meal.

16 comments:

  1. I think 4 days the cakes & scones can finish. Nowadays wfh on fullweek foods can get finished faster coz keep on munching while working๐Ÿ˜…....hopefully i can buy some cakes later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I think they could last longer than 4 days because I still have cold fries in the fridge to finish. I hope you manage to buy some cakes today too. So you are back to work fully from home now since going to be cmco in a few days time.

      Delete
    2. Yeapzz wfh fully during cmco☺

      Delete
    3. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  2. This MCO thing has gone on for so long that I am rather tired of most everything. I think I've had quite enough of bread and cakes, sometimes dunno what to eat and I am not all that keen to go out and eat now that things seem to be getting bad again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when dunno what to eat cos tired of most food at home then I will just not eat. After that when get very hungry, all the food at home will taste very delicious! Maybe you could try this method too.

      Delete
  3. You are not a fussy eater and could have various cakes for a week. My fridge was full to the maximum and we had to start eating leftovers. I had a headache looking at all the boxes of dishes. Lolol.

    The RMCO will make me skinny with zero makan invitation outside again. I have been eating lesser and walking more which made my weight drop faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, when keeping remaining food, have to schedule when to eat them or else after too long in the fridge, they ended up being thrown away which defeats the purpose of keeping them in the beginning.

      Good then you can lose weight easily. Many people pay lots of $$$ to lose weight.

      Delete
  4. You eat very little normally of meals, but you can buy lots of sweet baked goods! I haven't tried any of the items you bought from Lavender. Actually maybe that's not too much also considering I just spent about the same amount in TK Bakery - tarts also mostly.

    I also have ice-cream from AGES ago in the freezer. Must throw since it has the 'fridge smell' and not enjoyable to eat already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate cake is nice. I usually take two weeks to finish this amount. I know that fridge smell you are talking about so that is why I am trying to finish this ice cream soon.

      Delete
  5. You love sweet buns and cakes. I need to restock up on my fridge because I have cleared all the frozen foodstuffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any buns, cannot be too sweet. Buns and cakes anytime over sambal and fatty pork. Time to restock frozen food.

      Delete
  6. Wow.. I love the cakes you bought! Now I have pineapple tarts from the Authentic Nyonya in my fridge... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pineapple tarts. Can finished them very fast if I don't control myself.

      Delete
  7. I usually do not stock up food as most of the times i might end up wasting them.

    Ah i know lavender bakery from malaysia as my sis used to buy mooncakes from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can keep a schedule to finish the stock up food so that you don't waste them. Ah, good that your sister likes lavender bakery.

      Delete