Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Nyonya Lab

My online friend since 2009 ordered these 30 pieces of kuihs in a special tiffin from Nyonyalab as a gift to me because she knows I like to eat kuihs 😋😋😋. Thank you so much Jennifer.

The kuihs are tasty with strong coconut taste and milk for bingka ubi and corn kuih; authentic red bean and glutinous dark rice in red bean kuih; authentic mung bean fillings in yellow angku and green pandan angku and genuine cassava/ubi kayu taste in tricolour sago ubi. The mochi has red bean fillings and the mochi skin is very QQ and translucent. I love to eat rose sago and this rose sago has a firmer texture than what I am used to eating and it is packed with sago. 8 types of kuih in total.

So for today, we have eaten 15 pieces and the remaining 15 pieces will be eaten over the next few days.

Useful and pretty tiffin. I will think of you, Jennifer when I use this tiffin carrier to buy food.

Lunch shared by two pax of beef balls noodles from Yang Kee, OUG at MYR 9 nett bought on Sunday.

Red bean kuih - not that sweet with nice red bean and coconut taste so is delicious!

This kuih is ubi kayu kuih with a bit of sago so I can taste the cassava aka tapioca aka ubi kayu in it.


 

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo...I love nyonya kuihs and I love that tiffin carrier too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tiffin and yummy kuih. Such a lovely and thoughtful friend you have. So blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a lovely and thoughtful friend.

      Delete
  3. Wow! The Tiffin carrier is so pretty and appropriate to serve Nyonya Kuehs. I wonder how do you eat the Kueh after keeping them in the fridge? Steam?

    You are really a kind hearted person surrounded with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eat the kuih cold direct from the fridge. Taste nice to me. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. beautiful tiffin & colorful kuihs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kuih and tiffin carrier so pretty. So nice of your friend to order the kuih for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the tiffin carrier is so pretty and sweet. So thoughtful of your friend. Does the red bean kuih reminds you of red bean ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit cos red bean ice cream is sweeter I believe.

      Delete