Monday, October 5, 2020

Ate too much


7.40 am - shared this wanton charsiew noodles bought from friendship cafe yesterday as breakfast MYR 7 nett.

10.40 am - went out to takeaway food for the day. Nasi Lemak with chicken slices curry and  tiny prawns curry MYR 9 nett from Sepetang coffee shop at taman desa shared by 2 pax.

I also bought Mee jawa MYR 7 nett from the same coffee shop. These are the deep fried fritters, two types - vegetables onion fritters and crispy thin fritters.

12 noon - I ate the ingredients in the Mee jawa and kept the yellow noodles and gravy in the fridge for the next day.

From a small bakery a few doors away from Sepetang coffee shop, I bought 4 items to try. The total 4 items cost MYR 12.10 nett and I didn't ask for a breakdown of the cost: an egg tart, a coffee bun, a chicken siew bao and a curry chicken puff pastry. This egg tart has a fragrance that cause my spouse to give it to me after one bite so I had to finish the whole egg tart at 11 am.


11.28 am - ate one piece each to test the taste of this teluk intan (anson) ccf at MYR 4.40 nett per box bought at Sepetang coffee shop. Kept them in fridge for the next day.

11.30 am - the small bakery also sells this durian sponge cake at MYR 5.50 nett.

Removed the cardboard card.

The durian fillings inside the sponge cake is chilled so it is very tasty. Genuine durian taste.  Of all the food I ate from 7 am to 1130 am, I like this durian cake the best.

3.14 pm - he ate this coffee bun with coffee.

Oops, there are butter fillings inside so that center buttery part is handed over to me and I kept it to be eaten the next day.

The chicken siew bao is of a better quality because the fillings have chicken pieces inside instead of blended minced  chicken meat.

4.30 pm - I ate this only remaining chocolate cheese tart from Tokyo secret bought a week ago on Sunday at MYR 8 nett before going out to buy takeaway food for dinner and food for next week.

We went to Kam Heong coffee shop, PJ and bought MYR 106 nett worth of food without a breakdown:
1. One braised duck MYR 55 nett,
2. One braised pork trotter
3. Large portion of sour vege
4. Large portion of braised mushrooms
5. Large portion of duck gizzard mix with duck livers.
6. Two braised eggs
7. Two large portion of rice.

The pork trotter.

6 pm - ate a bit of all the braised food with rice shared by 2 pax. I just ate a bit of everything without the rice and kept all the remaining food in the fridge for next week. The food is delicious, the quality is still good. They maintain their standard. The previous time we ate there was in 2014, 6 years ago and today their business is still good.

6.30 pm - I ate one tambun mung bean pastry from this box of pastry given to us by a friend. I ate too much food for the whole day and was very full at 7 pm so another day Sunday 4 Oct 2020 d201 is lived.

22 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! They have wanton noodles in soup! I always order wanton only in soup, not fond of the black sauce so I went without the noodles. The ccf sure looks different from those that I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't sell you the wanton noodles in soup? So strange. This is the ccf style of the famous teluk intan ccf.

      Delete
  2. The braised food are so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you eaten the braised food from this stall in kam Heong coffee that operates in the evening before?

      Delete
  3. Would love to try the durian cake...it looked like Hokkaido bun, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are very knowledgeable in cakes n pastry. The name is Hokkaido durian cake so you are absolutely right.

      Delete
  4. You makan session per day is sure a lot, good thing you eat in small portion. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chicken siew bao. Feel like going out to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you know that the chicken siew bao is tasty and of quality, can buy more.

      Delete
  6. Waah! The word Sepetang lighted up eyes as I could memorize all the shops in that row. I have so much old memories esp the small bakery shop that has been around for over 20 years.

    You are hilarious to say that you ate too much. It looks like normal to me. I have lost about 6kgs since the start of MCO till now. I think my weight will continue to dive with lesser function dinners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, your memory is so good. As long as is healthy, lose some weight is ok. You must be so slim slim now.

      Delete
  7. Wow.. so much food! The Anson CCF is cheaper than the original ones which cost around RM5 by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya many ppl making this popular teluk into style ccf now.

      Delete
  8. Wah so much food in one day. I like the nasi lemak with curry chicken and the mee jawa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a big purchase of food. Are you preparing for a lockdown?

    Nice mix of pastries from your friend, with that fish and other 3d thingy.

    ReplyDelete