Saturday, October 17, 2020

Salt Overdose

Yesterday Friday 16 October 2020 d213, we went out to takeaway food and I did it again. I bought too much food because I felt sad seeing the stalls having not much orders.

The above seafood noodles are our favourite seafood Mee Hoon from Choy Kee coffee shop. I bought two packs at MYR 8 nett each. Shared one for breakfast and kept one for the next day. Now they include one piece of fish paste (yu wat) which has too much pepper in the yu wat.

I also bought a pack of hot hainan tea which is actually coffee mix with tea for MYR 2.60 nett. That pack is enough for two cups.


I noticed a new ccf stall so I bought ccf too. One piece of ccf MYR 1, 3 ytf - okra, bitter gourd, brinjal at MYR 1.50 each and one piece of ytf bentong tofu puff which is supposed to be very popular so the price is higher at MYR 2 making it a total of MYR 8.50 nett. I asked for the brown sauce and curry sauce to be put together because I am eating them immediately upon reaching home. Shared this ccf too.


My portion of seafood Mee hoon. Ate this Mee Hoon slowly after I ate ccf. The broth is very salty to me but I drank it all. Oh dear, should I have poured it away?


Bought one roll of Tau Sa Peah MYR 4 with 5 pieces and 2 egg tarts at MYR 2.10 nett each.


Packaging - the 5 Tau sar peah are kept inside a clear bag before being wrapped in the outer printed paper. Made by Gaya Biscuit in Penang. Ingredients are wheat flour, salt, sugar, mung bean, vegetable oil and onion.


MYR 0.80 each. The mung bean fillings taste acceptable but this Tau sar peah has a rose fragrance which sometimes can be detected in cakes that used rose essence flavours. I am ok with it but he doesn't like that extra taste.

Ate one egg tart each during tea time. Tasty, I like egg tarts better than siew baos.


Bought 1 pack of rice with lotus root, peanut with a bit of meat soup and 1 pack of rice with one whole slightly salted chicken leg at Lucky Alley coffee shop for about MYR 20. Just ate the chicken leg, keeping the rice to cook fried rice. The salty gravy is kept to cook instant noodles on another day. No slot to eat the lotus root soup so into the fridge it goes with its accompanying rice.


Back to choy kee, bought two packs of 3jc  soup version at MYR 7 each. We shared the pack with hor fun for early dinner and kept the pack with Mee hoon for another day.


My portion. He gave me some chicken meat. There were some broth remaining after I finished eating this hor fun but it was very salty so I didn't drink it because I have already consumed too much salt on this day as I drank all the remaining seafood meehoon broth which was very salty to me.

So now we have stock of 2 packs of Mee Hoon, 2 packs of rice, 1 pack of lotus root soup, 1 bowl of chicken gravy in the fridge to be cleared on other days. My BK cheese burger is in the fridge for 6 days so I must eat it very soon.
 

20 comments:

  1. So overloaded with noodles! In within these 6 days i already had BK twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the broth is too salty, I'd add a bit of water to dilute it. Instant noodles, I'd just add half the seasoning.

    Yes, I would go to the shops with fewer people too - safer and it may help them tide over these difficult times. After all, no matter how good, there is nothing so good that we would be willing to take the risk when the place is so very crowded. #staywell #staysafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diluting salty broth with water will make the taste less salty but the amount of salt consumed is still the same if all the diluted broth are drank. Hope all the shops and stalls can hang on and got enough people buying takeaways from them.

      Delete
  3. You bought too much to support the stalls.
    That's commendable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much for a day but we can keep in the fridge for other days so is ok. Hope this little thing we do can help the stalls a little.

      Delete
  4. Wow...so much purchases in one day! Definitely a lot of food in your fridge.. you name it, you got it! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I get carried away and buy too much. These days, I try to buy just enough for 2 for that day but sometimes take 2 days to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ok to buy just for the day if you intend to go out everyday but we don't so have to stock up food.

      Delete
  6. So nice of you to support the stalls. Yes, pretty sad and pitiful to see those people trying to survive at such time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely a foodie judging on the amount of food you bought. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err, I think we have a different definition for foodie. 😆

      Delete
  8. Good intentions on supporting the stalls. Definitely this is a bad time for many people.

    I've been brought up not to drink soup up due to MSG so would have no qualms about throwing away salty broth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When dining out we never finish drinking the broth but when takeaway it seems a waste especially the broth doesn't seem to have much msg, just have too much salt and maybe soy sauce.

      Delete
  9. You never failed to raise my eyebrows with your food purchase.

    My wife has similar heart like yours. The minute 1-Utama reopened, she brought me and the gang to eat every meal at different restaurants just to support them! The mall was so empty on the 1st day after reopening with all the waiters and sales staff standing at their doors to invite patrons. Hope the owners could sustain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad to see the restaurants and shops without dine in customers. Might as well save the operating costs and just do takeaways.

      Delete