Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Yung Kee Beef Noodle

Small bowl of tendon, beef balls, chunks of beef, tripe with mihun, hor fun at MYR 13 nett and a big bowl of beef (imported from Australia), tendon and tripe (honeycomb) with hor fun at MYR 25 nett.

For MYR 13 nett, there is a lot of ingredients (exclude the honeycomb tripe which is from the big bowl). This is the closest to my favourite Yong Kang beef noodle in Taiwan that I can get in KL but the broth does not taste as strong although many people who have reviewed this eatery wrote that the broth taste very strong (star anise) to them. The chunks of beef are very tender with a strong beef taste so for those who do not like strong beef taste, please give them to your friends who do.

Exterior. Clean Air-conditioned shop. This is now my place to go for beef noodle with rich broth. It is located near Yuyi Coffee Shop in Pudu.

Total Bill for 4 pax: MYR 78.80 nett.

14 comments:

  1. That's undoubtedly a bowl of wholesome goodness, looks so good. I'd go for the big bowl, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup the big bowl with beef from oz tastes better.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Not a fan of innards but that tripe sure looked good for those who love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...my favourite...beef noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do eat beef or lamb so long as the smell is not too strong. I could not even swallow those meat in Xi'an - China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should be ok because this is nice strong beef taste. I have eaten not nice strong beef taste before.

      Delete
  5. Wah, those two bowls of beef noodles look so good! Pudu is a bit out of the way for me. I do wish that there were good beef noodles nearer my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe your brother may be interested to eat this too so maybe he will bring you there to eat.

      Delete
  6. Very generous with their tendons and all.. The other day I went to KL, I was taken to a place near Petaling Street, beef tendons and balls with yellow noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you don't know the name of the eatery you ate at near petaling street. Is it sold by a stall in a coffee shop?

      Delete
  7. This looks really good. If nearer to me I would try for sure.

    Oh but not so keen on strong star anise smell. Strong beef smell is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The star anise smell does not stand out awkwardly because it blends in very well with the beef taste.

      Delete