Thursday, September 27, 2018

47BD7 100-second fish

A lunch before 1 Sep 2018.

Putien at Gardens Mall again. A bowl of extra small Ca Fen (a mixture of mee sua and mee hoon with soup and vegetables, seafood and bits of pork intestines) for 1 pax at MYR 13.90+ (10% service charge = MYR 15.29 nett). It is easy to eat because all I need to do is eat it like eating congee.

A small plate of stir fry mee hoon at MYR 20.90+ (MYR 22.99 nett) which we have eaten before. Some may find it a bit on the dry side.

An extra small bowl of lor mee for 1 pax at MYR 13.90+ (MYR 15.29 nett). This portion may be too small for a big eater.

Yellow Croaker fish which is cooked for 100 seconds so it is very tender. It costs MYR 41.90+ (MYR 46.09 nett) and is tasty but we have to be very careful when eating it because of its fine bones.

Steamed fresh prawns with garlic (S) at MYR 29.90+ (MYR 32.89 nett) and one deep fried pig trotters at MYR 14.90+ (MYR 16.39 nett). The prawns are delicious but I find it troublesome to remove the shells so I won't be ordering this dish again.

Bian Rou (wanton) Soup at MYR 8.90+ (MY 9.79 nett). As mentioned before,  the skin wrap is made from pork meat after being pounded and kneaded for a long time.

Total costs for 4 pax: MYR 192.72 nett. An average of about MYR 48 per pax.

20 comments:

  1. I would like to try the lor mee, the soup looks appetizing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting dishes. The lor mee and the mee sua sure do not look like the ones we are more used to. The dish of prawns is SO cheap...and oooo....pig trotter!!! I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Price of the prawns is lower than the other restaurants.

      Delete
  3. Eyeing the prawns and pork trotter.

    Interesting dish of ca fen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your dishes looked so delicious and mouth watering.
    I always love to eat at Putien when my sister is the host. All free makan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The menu is like a mirror image to the one in SG! Love their bee hoon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking food! I haven't eaten mee sua and mee hoon combined. And the lor mee looks so different from the lor mee I have eaten which is darker in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first picture of the noodles look kind of special... Must try Putien next time..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a rather grand lunch. If I remember correctly there is one at 1 Utama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Putien in 1 utama is the 1st branch from sg in klang valley.

      Delete
  9. One of my fav places. But I haven't managed to get my really fav thing for a while now - the oyster omelette. They either tell me they have run out of it, or it will only be available later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried oyster omelette once. I guess you like it because it is very crispy!

      Delete
    2. Yeah! Goes very well with their chilli sauce too.

      Delete
    3. their chili paste with pork trotter jelly tastes so well together. Post will be out this wed. :)

      Delete