Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Yau Yek

On Wednesday 17.apr.2024, went to visit the elderly and then ate brunch at oug.

*** Yau Yek Chapfan ***

11.29 am - his chapfan small portion of rice with a small bowl of burdock root aka gobo soup and my chapfan no rice. Total is MYR 27.50 nett.

11.30 am - the small bowl of gobo soup. My chapfan:
1. Chives omelette which is a bit too salty for me 
2. Yin choy
3. Spinach 
4. A piece of deep fried fish aka kaw yu

They also sell big pieces of deep fried salmon at about MYR 18 per piece so I didn't buy any because I prefer to eat grilled salmon.

12.34 noon - Yau Yek Chapfan shop with a long queue of customers. 

*** Kwong Wah OUG ***

11.58 am - MYR 23.80 nett for:
1. Mini asam laksa 6.8
2. ABC ice without santan without syrup 7
3. Bubur cha cha ice no santan 7.5
4. A piece of marble cake 2.5

*** Ju chai bao pastry shop OUG ***

12.39 noon - I then walked to the pastry and bought one item each from the above menu.

1.03 pm - the wife biscuit has QQ fillings that is similar to mochi texture.

*** Herbal drinks ***

1 pm - he walked to the spectacles shop and then to the herbal drinks shop to buy herbal drinks and 4 tea eggs.

Morning 42.05

*** The End ***

8 comments:

  1. The dishes at this Yau Yek chapfan shop must be very good since it is so popular. Good idea to buy one item each from the pastry menu, Then you can have a taste of all and decide which one you like best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, I like to buy one item of each from a shop to try and sometimes ended up paying over 100 for them. Ooops 🫢😁

      Delete
  2. My comment seems to have dissapeard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it in the spam box and published it

      Delete
  3. Oh, no santan in ice kacang and bubur cha cha? I love bubur cha cha.. .but cannot eat a lot... yeah, have to refrain but once awhile, I have to take the thick santan... so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely request not to have any santan because I am already full from chapfan so don't want to feel satiated with thick santan. I requested for totally no sugar too.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Business sure is good, long queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many customers are elderly customers eating their lunch here.

      Delete