Thursday, April 4, 2024

Kwan Kee Store PJ HK Michelin

On Thursday 4.apr.2024, he wanted to eat Kai see hor fun soup at Tong Kee Sri Petaling. I remember seeing Kai see hor fun dish in the menu of Warisan Kopi happy garden so I counter suggest going to Warisan Kopi. He accepted my suggestion.

*** Thursday 28.mar.2024 ***

Back in November 2023, He told me that a HK pastry shop that is recommended by HK Michelin Guide is now in PJ. So last week, when we were in PJ, he stopped by that shop for me to buy the steamed items.

11.38 am - there was quite a long queue so I joined the queue. All items are takeaway items. There is no dine in area.

11.46 am - the board says "We Grind our own Rice Paste Daily using Fresh Glutinous Rice with our Stone Mill."

There are more items in the glass cabinets than the items listed on their menu. In this glass cabinet, there are:

A. Sticky Rice Roll:
1. Musang King
2. Peanuts
3. Red Bean
4. Mango Sago Pomelo MYR 6.90 nett.
I bought one sticky rice roll only - the one with mango Sago pomelo fillings. Tastes good. Will buy it again.

B. Steamed translucent Cakes
1. Osmanthus MYR 7.90 nett.
2. Water Chestnut MYR 7.90 nett.
I bought both types.

1.26 noon - the above are half portions of:
1. Mango sticky rice roll which I like a lot and will buy again,
2. Steamed water chestnuts cake which tastes better when cold. Similar to jelly but contains water chestnuts flour starch.
3. Steamed osmanthus cake which I think uses chestnuts floor starch too so it tastes better when cold.

11.48 am - in the 2nd glass cabinet, there are many items so I bought one of each. Can you see the two small bowls of steamed glutinous rice cake aka woon Zhai gou in the glass cabinet above?

1.30 pm - brown sugar rice bowl cake MYR 4.90 nett. Purple potato rice bowl cake MYR 6.90 nett. Both steamed cakes taste fine. This photo shows half portion as I gave half portion to my friend.

1.36 pm - This photo shows half portion as I gave half portion to my friend.
- Steamed sesame layer cake MYR 6.90 nett. Strong and rich sesame taste.
- steamed red bean cake MYR 6.90 nett. Full of red beans.
- steamed white sugar sponge cake MYR 4.90 nett. Quite dense and compact.

11.49 am - many items in this 2nd glass cabinet. One item doesn't even have a name with price card.

1.35 pm - This photo shows half portion as I gave half portion to my friend.
- steamed pandan cake MYR 6.90 nett. Taste similar to kuih talam but not as soft.
- steamed red date cake MYR 7.90 nett. I can't remember the taste.
- steamed molasses chestnut cake MYR 7.90 nett. I can taste chestnuts in this cake.
- steamed almond aka apricot seeds cake MYR 7.90 nett. Strong almond aka apricot seeds taste.

1.33 pm - This photo shows half portion as I gave half portion to my friend.
- steamed radish cake MYR 13.90 nett. This is the only savoury cake. Tastes good due to the dried tiny scallops in it. Will buy it again.
- steamed hawthorn cake MYR 7.90 nett. My friend likes this cake the best because it is sourish due to the hawthorn.

1.33 pm - This photo shows half portion as I gave half portion to my friend. Top view of radish cake and Hawthorn cake.

11.49 am - more items in this 2nd glass cabinet.

11.35 am - these are empty wife cake boxes. The wife cakes are freshly baked so customers need to ask for them at the cashier's counter. I bought one box of wife biscuits MYR 29.90 nett to try.

1.22 pm - wife biscuit, freshly baked so it is soft and tastes good as it is only very slightly sweet.

12.11 noon - total price is MYR 135.50 nett. These items are eaten by 5 pax. All 5 pax agree that the Glutinous rice flour used is fresh and taste good. These are fine dining steamed glutinous rice cakes by its taste, texture and price.

My friend's platter of steamed glutinous rice cakes. All eaten on the same day.

11.51 am - Kwan Kee Store PJ SS2. It only took about 13 minutes for me to queue and complete my purchase.

Friday 29.mar.2024 11.33 am - we ate all the remaining steamed glutinous rice cakes after one night in the fridge. Still taste good. Not as soft as day 1.

*** Thursday 4.apr.2024 ***

Warisan Kopi happy garden:

10.52 am - his iced coffee MYR 3.50+
My iced Warisan coffee MYR 3.80+ which tastes similar to white coffee
A bowl of Kai si hor fun noodles soup  MYR 9.50+ to be shared by 2 of us.

10.57 am - I ordered tortoise sugar toasts again MYR 5.50+ and wrongly ordered hailam coffee Kaya toasts MYR 3.80+ when I wanted to order sardine hotdog sandwiches. I have no idea why I wrote the wrong item number on the order form. He said the universe prevented me from eating hotdog so made me wrote the wrong item number.

11.17 am - total price is MYR 27.70 nett.

11.02 am - my portion of the noodles. The hor fun is thicker. I ate the shell of the prawn too. The soup tastes good without any msg as I wasn't thirsty after that.

*** zfz ***
E 31 32
Countryside 

*** The End ***

4 comments:

  1. I would love to taste the steamed items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the soft rice rolls with fillings.

      Delete
  2. So much variety and colours in the 'kuih'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good quality 👍 and priced accordingly to the high quality.

      Delete