Sunday, August 1, 2021

Hoong Kee Seafood Porridge

 We are now in August 2021 and the cases are still high in the Klang valley so not going to count the days anymore. The important thing is that everyone should get vaccinated and after vaccination, everyone should continue to wear masks and do physical distancing.

Yesterday was Saturday 31.jul.21 and we just stayed home the whole day and ordered one food pickup and delivery.

*** Sat 31.jul.21 ***

12.18 noon - a small portion of seafood congee. Very fresh fish fillets and prawns. The congee is smooth and not overly thick. Very tasty so will definitely order again. The seafood detected inside are prawns, fish fillets and lots of clams still inside their shells.

12.16 noon - we also ordered one small portion crab congee, one box of pork trotter vinegar, one century egg MYR 2.50 nett and one salted egg MYR 2.50 nett for a total of MYR 70 nett just for the food.

6.14 pm - his dinner of crab congee. I just ate a few tablespoons because I am eating the lamb shank stew from Thursday as my dinner. 😅

This is Hoong Kee Seafood Porridge. Not to be confused with Hon Kee Porridge Petaling Street.

12.11 noon - packaging in plastic bags.

12.54 noon - my very small portion of congee with century egg and salted egg that I added in from the add on orders. He says seafood congee doesn't go with both eggs but I don't care. I like the sulphur taste of century egg, almost as smelly as smelly tofu and I like the rich taste of salted egg yolk so into the seafood congee they go for my own eating enjoyment. 😁

Fri 30.jul.21 7.54 pm - seller sent me this photo of the pork trotter vinegar. I didn't manage to take a photo of the one I received before putting it into the fridge to slowly eat. I prefer this pork trotter vinegar to my regular one from lucky alley because the latter is too sweet, this one is not that sweet but is sour enough.

Hoong Kee Seafood Porridge restarted business from home on 26.jun.2020 and this is their story copied from their insta account with this link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQlU8TtnbaQ/


I used this link to order the food which will send to wataps and pay via online bank transfer:

The default price is for a small container.

Can follow them on all the above platforms and contact them via watsap for enquires. Very fast response.

I ordered this crab congee. The website is updated daily to show availability of the food items so it is best to order one day before.

We ordered the mix seafood. So in summary, there are 4 seafood ingredients for customers to mix and match: fish fillets, prawns, dried scallops and clams aka lala. I got all 4 in the mix seafood and find the lala shells a bit troublesome so next time I will order just 3 ingredients. The fish fillets and prawns are the best, very fresh so they are highly recommended.

Today I just ordered vegetables fish head curry and prawn congee. Will talk about them on another day. Bye bye. Enjoy your Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I like seafood congee when the seafood is fresh. I have eaten seafood congee for a long time but I did cook fish congee once some time ago. I am thinking of cooking black vinegar pork trotter one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes agreed that the seafood must be fresh to taste good. Fish congee is good enough, no need clams or scallops. Ah, I remember you did cook pork trotter vinegar a while back.

      Delete
  2. I thought it was Hon Kee from Petaling Street at first. The name is so similar.

    Some pics show more ingredients than porridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially I thought so too. That's why must write clearly that they are not the same.

      Delete