Wednesday, December 11, 2019

WG Hai Di Lao

Steamboat for two pax at the very popular Hai Di Lao at Pavilion Elite. My friend who is a pro at eating steamboat says we could just fill up two partitions with soup and the other two partitions with hot water so that the price will be for two types of broth instead of four types so for the broth, it is MYR 10++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 11.60 nett) per broth so for two types, the price is MYR 23.20 nett. My friend selected the tomato broth and I selected the milk broth though I cannot taste the milk in the broth, more like herbal soup though the colour of the broth is milky white.

The receipt is in Chinese as per their Franchise HQ is using Chinese. So this is the list of food we ordered:
1. 2 types of soup MYR 20++
2. Hand pulled noodles MYR 9++
3. Half portion of pork belly MYR 14++
4. Half portion of beef slices MYR 19++ (this is my order as my friend does not eat beef)
5. Half portion of Tong Ho vegetable MYR 9++
6. Half portion of sweet corn MYR 7++
7. Half portion of lotus root MYR 10++
For this list, the total costs is MYR 102 nett.
We did not choose to have drinks which includes free flow of some small bites which is MYR 8++ per pax if I am not mistaken.

This is the waiting area for customers to enjoy cold drinks and packs of snacks while in the queue. Lucky for us, it was a short wait of about 20 minutes where I managed to eat one packet of snacks.

The view of the center skylight of Pavilion Mall.

Hai Di Lao Hot Pot at Pavilion Elite, KL.

Wanted to eat here but it was not opened. Or perhaps it is opened by appointment only, I am not sure.

That evening, we went to a neighbourhood bak kut teh stall that we have not been for at least 3 years but the seller still remembers us as we used to eat there quite often. This claypot of bak kut teh for 1 pax and 1 rice costs about MYR 17.

11 comments:

  1. Wah this Hai Di Lao opened at 1U and the queue is crazy. I don't like to queue for food hence I have not gotten the chance to dine here. I love steamboat though so I am sure I will try it one day when the queue is not that crazy anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so the one u branch has opened. When in the queue, you can have your manicure while waiting.

      Delete
  2. Between the two, I think I would prefer the bak kut teh. I probably would love the hot pot if there's clear broth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course there is clear broth available. Price wise, of course bak kut teh is better.

      Delete
  3. Weather turning cold and raining frequently recently, it is good to eat steamboat in this cold weather, hai di lao is very popular in sg too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder in which other countries apart from their hq country that they are popular in.

      Delete
  4. We usually order herbal soup for hot pot. At one time we were crazy over hot pot. Now I am thinking of bak kut teh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you have managed to go to this place. I'll only go the day I can just walk in haha.

    1u has two hotpot outlets opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw both the hotpot outlets when I was there last weekend.

      Delete
  6. Love the photos and what a great post! I've only visited the UK branch last year but would love to go to this one and many others abroad to try! I hope you can check out my post on my first visit to the chain here and comment: http://nyamwithny.com/sichuan-hot-pot-at-haidilao/ I really want to go back now after reading your post, it was so delicious! Having hotpot is a rarity for me!

    ReplyDelete