Tuesday, December 10, 2019

TCRS Breakfast

Last Sunday, I was at Midvalley Mall at 9.30 am so I was looking for breakfast when I saw this banner.

The prices shown are nett prices so it looks to be good value for money with 7 sets to choose from.

Two breakfast sets cost MYR 15.25 nett only.


Nasi Lemak Chicken Curry at MYR 8.75 nett with a drink. There is one piece of chicken breast meat and one piece of potatoes in the curry. Taste acceptable.

I ordered roti canai with chicken curry for MYR 6.50 nett. There are two pieces of small round roti canai which is too much as one piece will do just fine for me. The chicken curry is the same as the chicken curry for the nasi lemak with one piece of chicken breast meat but two pieces of potatoes in the curry.

I chose hot coffee for the drink. The other drink is teh tarik. Both drinks are a bit diluted because it is a big cup so I did not finish the teh tarik (my friend swapped our drinks as the teh tarik is too diluted for my friend's taste). They could just give a small cup of thick drink instead of a big cup of diluted drink.

It seems that they have a menu that caters for children.

My friend says the menu offers Milo but I saw Choco Malt and it seems there are two versions of the breakfast menu where the choices for drinks are Coffee, Tea, Teh Tarik, Milo/Choco Malt. I wonder which version is the latest and why replace milo with choco malt or vice versa. Ever since this chicken rice shop has been bought over by a Japanese company, it is having many promos such as this one that I have been to recently.

12 comments:

  1. Both the nasi lemak and roti canai sets look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasi lemak looks good, the chicken curry especially...and it's cheap! Cheaper than at our Sarawak's own franchise. Saw an outlet of this SCR shop in Miri - if I had known they had chicken rice, I probably would stop by to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Miri outlet is located in Permaisuri Imperial City Mall according to their website. Did you see this outlet?

      Delete
  3. I prefer roti canai and curry chicken. Making me hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very interesting combos darling
    Thanks for share with us
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also support a small cup of 'kau' drink vs a big cup of diluted one.

    ReplyDelete