Sunday, December 15, 2019

Pancake Lookalike

I saw this pancake-lookalike (11 cm in diameter) being sold in a makeshift stall in a neighbourhood coffee shop at MYR 1.30 nett so I bought it to try.

It has red bean fillings. I wonder is this food item similar to the Sungai Buloh Famous Hot Plate Pan Cake mentioned in this article here and another article here. According to these articles, the shop is:

Sin Sang Long Hakka Pan Fried Hot Plate Pau (新生隆铁板包)
Address: No.345A, Jalan Besar, Kampung Baru, Sungai Buloh, Selangor (Behind RHB Bank)
Tel: 03-6156 2931
Opening Hours: 11am till finish; no fixed off days.

*** Skillet x Beta ***

One day, when my friend and I were in KL Town, we parked at Fraser Place building and noticed this green wall. On closer inspection, it was the entrance to a restaurant.

The restaurant is called Skillet x Beta. It seems to be a temporary collaboration between two restaurants as highlighted by GoodyFoodies in her article here and it is said to be until November 2019 so I guess it should no longer be in existence as now is December 2019 so November 2019 is over

***.Lindt ***

Saw this "Nice to sweet you" chocolate series by Lindt and bought two flavours - "Salted Caramel"  and "Strawberry Cheesecake". The retail price at Jaya Grocer is MYR 15.90 nett per bar of 100 g but I think there was a promo of half price for the 2nd bar so I bought two bars. Taste nice if you like chocolates.

The other 3 flavours that I did not buy are: "Cookies & Cream", "Crunchy Nougat" and "Caramel Brownie". Which flavour would you try?

*** Parklife, The Sphere, Kerinchi/Bangsar South ***

When I was at The Sphere, Kerinchi/Bangsar South, I considered eating at this Parklife eatery because it serves healthy and delicious food.

I can see all these colourful and delicious salad dishes but I did not feel like eating them due to the dishes being exposed without any covers so I ate at SunBather Coffee instead.

18 comments:

  1. The pancake looks like roti prata, skillet x beta, what a unique name for a restaurant, i would choose salted caramel for the chocolate too, ah you chose strawberry cheesecake because i remember you like strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good that people now sell fast and easy food in the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pancake looks like something I'd like. But from the blogs it seems quite difficult to get to.

    Oh I don't want to start trying the Lindt flavours! Then I'd get OCD and want to try them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like the traditional Chinese pastry that we used to eat as kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, so you are familiar with this pancake.

      Delete
  5. The pancake looks like roti prata. I prefer savoury pancakes, not the type with sweet filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does look alike but taste very different.

      Delete
  6. Yeah I also prefer the food to be covered up.. especially those at the chap farn or bread shops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hotel buffet also are partly covered up only.

      Delete
  7. I prefer chocolate plain without any fillings, so I would most likely not buy any.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't go eat there, coz I dunno how long those dishes have been exposed to air. As for chap fan, i would only choose dishes that are freshly replenished.

    ReplyDelete