Friday, February 23, 2024

Big Intestine

On Friday 23.feb.2024, went to off lights and then to brunch at Swee Hing coffee shop. At 6.30 pm, took a 9 mins x 2 walk to on lights.

*** Swee Hing Sri Petaling ***

8.09 am - his pork noodles soup MYR 9 nett. The pork noodles stall seems to have changed the operator because the people running it are different and the pork noodles taste not as murky flavourful as previously. We shared a glass of iced cham aka coffee mixed tea MYR 3.40 nett.

8.36 am - I ordered two dishes: rojak and chee Cheong fun and arranged the two plates nicely side by side to take a photo. Not sure how I got distracted after arranging the two plates so we ended up eating all the chee Cheong fun before I realised that I didn't take a photo 🤦🏻‍♀️so I quickly took a photo of half eaten food.

Rojak MYR 9 nett.
Chee Cheong fun MYR 11.20 nett for 5 ytf:
beancurd sheet, brinjal, okra, bitter gourd, long beans and half a sheet of chee Cheong fun.

*** Clear Fridge Food ***
Food that needs to be eaten:
1. Toh guan bkt from 3 days ago, bought on Tue.
2. Mbpj duck bought 1 week ago on last Friday.
3. Frozen mango seed from 2 days ago, mango was cut on wed 
4. Iced cham drink from Hong Fu Dim sum bought 2 days ago on wed.

At about 3 pm, he reheated the remaining yam rice and bkt soup from 3 days ago and ate them leaving some bkt soup for me to cook frozen bunapi mushrooms.

I then washed the frozen raw bunapi mushrooms he bought for the elderly cny meals but the elderly doesn't eat mushrooms so there are remaining raw mushrooms which I put in the freezer because raw mushrooms don't keep well for long in the fridge. He then add drinking plain water into his remaining bkt soup and put in the 6 pieces of frozen mbpj duck meat with the frozen raw bunapi mushrooms and bring the bkt soup to a boil. I then ate all the bunapi mushrooms and duck meat and drank all the diluted bkt soup.

3.45 pm - this is a piece of braised Ju dai Cheong aka big intestine bought from the mbpj duck stall. I don't eat big intestines because of their aftertaste. Somehow by mistake, the mbpj duck stall packed a packet of braised big intestines and included the price in the total price of MYR 74.50 nett that I paid for all the food I bought from mbpj duck stall so I have to eat them in order not to waste food. 

There are a total of 6 pieces of braised big intestines remaining so I ate all of them with one slice of wholemeal bread and all the remaining pickled green chillies that were included in a takeaway wanton noodles soup order bought a long long time ago. Luckily the pickled green chillies made the braised big intestines taste tolerable. He said he prefers to eat deep fried big intestines and not these braised big intestines so I had to eat these braised ones since I accidentally bought them.

Do you eat big intestines?

3.55 pm - almost everyone likes to eat sweet mangoes but almost no one likes to eat the remaining mango meat sticking on the seed. In my household, only I am patient enough to ngaw all the remaining mango meat from its seed. Two days ago, I have reached my sugar intake limit so I couldn't eat this mango seed so I put it in the freezer. Frozen mango seed that has been thawed slightly taste just as good as fresh ones.

4.51 pm - drank all the remaining cham from Hong Fu Dim Sum eatery. So I wrapped up my  food intake for this day at 5 pm.


*** The End ***

4 comments:

  1. Yep I will happily eat big intestines, cholesterol levels permitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can spare the time, you could read about the cholesterol myth online. Ah, u r an adventurous eater to eat big intestines happily.

      Delete
  2. If the big intestine is properly cleaned I will happily eat. My mum told me that once at a restaurant, the big intestine dish was smelly >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe even properly cleaned, the aftertaste would still have a bit of that smell unless they boiled it very long with pepper and ginger water and then seasoned it with strong spices.

      Delete