Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Strawberry Apple

On Wednesday 8.nov.2023, early in the morning, he went over to prepare breakfast for the elderly. Then he went to the care center to bring the elderly to 10 am physiotherapy appointment. Kid 1 met them at the hospital.

After sending the elderly back to the care center, he picked me up for brunch and my omad.

*** Nam Heong Pinnacle condo ***

Ate here because I wanted to use up the two MYR 8.50 discount vouchers.

12.42 noon - his egg tart. My chicken pie. His White Coffee which is with his dry curry noodle set.

12.42 noon - The buttery pastry tastes doughy which I like but he prefers the pastry to be thoroughly baked through and through. The fillings are mushy meat which I couldn't tell whether is chicken meat or not but the whole pie tastes acceptable.

12.43 noon - his signature curry noodles lunch set dry. He thought the noodles are wanton noodles but they turned out to be mihun mix thin yellow mi.

12.48 noon - I ordered pork chop rice because I was hungry. Yesterday my omad was completed at 8 am so it has been more than 24 hours of water fasting for me and this morning the number is 42.05 so I allow myself to eat some carb for my omad. The pork chop sure looks good 👍

12.51 noon - he gave me a piece of charsiew and a piece of chicken with this portion of noodles. I like the soft mihun soaked in curry gravy but prefer them to be less salty although I ate all the above portion of soggy curry mihun 😋

1 pm - my portion of fried rice and pork chop after he has eaten his fill. The red chili is not spicy so I ate them all with the fried rice.

1.08 pm - side view. The crust batter coatings taste kind of sweet to me. There are some solid crunchy fats at the sides of the pork chop so I ate them when I couldn't spit them out.

Total bill is MYR 35.90 nett after deducting the two vouchers MYR 8.5 x 2 which is a good price.

*** Strawberry Apples ***

1.53 pm - 9 small crunchy sweet apples MYR 10.90 nett. Not sure why they are called strawberry Apples.

Total bill MYR 36.10 nett.

*** Status ***

10 am Physiotherapy appointment. Completed by 12 noon.

Put the pegs into the board.

*** Aging Healthily ***

My relatives in Taiwan today sent us a photograph of my grandma taken today. She is 107 years old. I would say that she is healthy but of course her memory is not very good and she needs to live in a nursing home because all her children are 80+ years old and are not able to look after her themselves.

She rolled off her bed in her sleep so she went for a hip replacement surgery before the pandemic and now need to use a wheelchair. She has recovered from getting cvd. Even aging healthily needs to live in a nursing home and use a wheelchair.

Therefore I am saving up now to go to Switzerland to legally switch off myself as I don't want to end up in a nursing home and I don't want a life of just existence. I pray that the Lord have mercy on me and take me home early.

4 comments:

  1. Your grandmother looks remarkable for her age! By the way, I am a new reader. Are your children grown up? I see you referring to them as kid 1,etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have no children. My spouse is kid 3.

      Delete
    2. I’m sorry! I’m guessing the other Kid references are in reference to your siblings?

      Delete
    3. Y r u sorry? No need to be sorry, ok? 😊

      Nope. My spouse is kid 3 so kid 1 is not my siblings as I am not siblings with my spouse.

      Delete