Thursday, March 23, 2023

Pan Seared Atlantic Cod

On Thursday 23.mar.2023, went to 126 Kopitiam to buy prawn mee soup and chapfan no rice for the Elderlies lunch.

*** Sunday 12.mar.2023 ***

After having the honey toast at Miru Dessert Cafe, uptown, I walked over to Cor Blimey to collect the order I placed using Foodpanda. 

5.20 pm - pan seared Atlanta cod which could be less salty with creamy lemon herb dip. Sides are mushrooms which is tasty and chunky chips which are potato wedges. I like the potato wedges the best. I ate all 3 items the next day.

2.40 pm - Cor Blimey at Damansara Utama.

2.42 pm - clean and neat interior.

Ordered via Foodpanda for self pickup. Total price MYR 49.13 nett.

*** Thursday 23.mar.2023 ***

11.36 am - his chapfan no rice from 126 Kopitiam.

4.12 pm - he cooked frozen tiger prawns brand Atlantis king 250 g with petai, eggs, coconut oil, turmeric powder, chili powder and onions for the two of us to share. Yummy! I ate this dish with 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

I checked the middle of 30 petai aka parkia speciosa to ensure that there are no bugs or worms in them before he cooked the 30 petai. Kept the remaining petai for next days.

Bought this pack of 200 g petai from Aeon Supermarket at about MYR 17.50 ish. I estimate he can cook 3 dishes with 200 g of petai.

He saw this Petai Tapah announcement so we went to Aeon Supermarket to specifically look for this brand of petai to buy them.

10 comments:

  1. Have never bought petai before because I do not know how to cook them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have sambal, can just eat petai raw dipped in sambal.

      Delete
  2. I love cod fish. Prefer it pan fried than deep fried. I have never tasted petai till few years ago. Ok to me. But never buy and cook myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to eat cod fish too but the cod fish here doesn't taste as good as the cod fish in UK. Petai can be eaten raw with sambal.

      Delete
  3. I cooked petai once before and did not know that I had to soak them first. So the result was that I passed a lot of gas. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't soak the petai but got no gas. Maybe our bodies react differently to petai.

      Delete
  4. Oo petai binge.

    Frozen prawns look big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the prawns are tiger prawns so are big.

      Delete