Sunday, March 26, 2023

Kam Kee Egg Tarts

On Sunday 26.mar.2023, went to PJ to replenish guppies fish so detour to the Starling Mall because he wanted to try the food at Kam Kee Cafe. There is a Kam Kee Cafe at Bukit Jalil too which is nearer to our place which we will visit one day.

I have bought takeaway food from Kam Kee Cafe Starling Mall back in March 2021:
https://muntalksfood.blogspot.com/2021/03/kam-kee-hk-beef-curry.html

11.12 am - French Toast with Forty Licks Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey MYR 14.8++

11.16 am - The toast is coated with eggs before it is deep fried so the outer layer is crispy with the nice aroma of eggs and insides are fluffy. No butter taste so he could eat it. The Forty Licks Vanilla Ice Cream is creamy so he couldn't eat it because he can't tolerate the taste of dairy. I would order this dish again as a dessert to indulge myself.

The toast is very tasty so I could eat it even without the ice cream and without the honey.

11.10 am - one double fillings polo bun with a choice of two fillings MYR 10.80++ of either:
1. Scrambled eggs
2. Ham
3. Luncheon meat
4. Cheese
We chose scrambled eggs and luncheon meat as the double fillings.

The polo bun has a crusty outer layer and no butter taste so he could eat it.

11.10 am - dry beef hor fun MYR 19.80++ where the beef slices are very overly tender. He feels that the beef hor fun could be less sweet.

11.13 am - scrambled kampung eggs with slices of char siew MYR 24.80++ which we should have chosen with prawns about MYR 26.80++ instead because this char siew is thick and super lean so he didn't like the char siew. The eggs are tasty. I think they used about 6 to 8 eggs for this egg dish. No butter, no creamy and no lard taste. We couldn't decide whether did they add any flour or starch to the scrambled eggs because the eggs have a thin outer layer of crispiness to them.

11.39 am - fluffly thick eggs.

11.12 am - borsch soup which is an add on item MYR 4.80++ to the dry beef hor fun. He says he detected beef oil taste in it so I had to drink all the borsch soup by myself because he couldn't tolerate strong beef oil taste. I couldn't detect the beef taste at all mainly because I like strong beef taste.

11.08 am - two egg tarts at MYR 3.80 ++ each. The layered pastries are crispy without butter and without lard taste. The egg custard has a fragrant eggy aroma and is soft and silky so he likes the egg tarts.

Hot Hong Kong milk tea MYR 6.80++ which is popular for its fragrant milk taste but he says the milk taste is too strong for him so I had to drink all of it. To me, this Hong Kong milk doesn't taste creamy or milky at all, just the usual milk taste.

The iced ying-yang drink aka tea mixed with coffee MYR 9.80++ is my order because I like to drink cold drinks. This drink is not sweet at all and the coffee tea taste has covered a bit of the milk taste so he drank my iced drink instead of his hot drink.

11.08 am - Kam Kee Cafe Starling Mall is located opposite Nando eatery.

Our order.

Total price is MYR 113.90 nett because we wanted to try many items. We brought home half a polo bun, half a portion of scrambled eggs and half a portion of dry beef hor fun which I will eat the next day.

Summary: will visit again when he wants to eat the egg tarts.

6 comments:

  1. The French toast looked tasty. I would want a bite. I like fluffy thick egg too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am thinking of fried beef hor fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there any food restrictions advised by doctors?

      Delete
  3. Gosh so many potential pitfalls (butter, cream, beef) for your hubby here.
    Food sounds good to me except the sweet hor fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wanted to eat at this Eatery. I think u will be ok with the sweet dry beef hor fun because they got provide red chilies oil so should taste great together.

      Delete