Monday, March 13, 2023

Shibuya Honey Toast

On Monday 13.mar.2023, we stayed home and ate the food we bought on Sunday.

*** Sunday 12.mar.2023 ***

A few years ago, my friend told me about a very tasty Shibuya Honey Toast she ate in After You Dessert Cafe in Bangkok. Since I won't be going to Bangkok, recently I thought of trying out this toast at a local eatery.

1.53 pm - Shibuya Honey Toast MYR 21.90+ from Miru Dessert Cafe, Uptown.

Just look at the amount of melted butter!

This thick toast is soft and fluffy with a very crispy outer layer.

It is cut into 9 cubes with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, one scoop of whipped cream and a small glass of honey. For dessert lovers who love to eat crispy and soft thick bread with strong butter taste.

1.48 pm - I also ordered a mango kakigori MYR 25.90+ because I need some liquid in case I choke on the crispy toast. After I placed my order, the staff confirmed with me that I am having both items dine-in because I was there alone as he prefers to stay in Starling Mall shopping in Ace Hardware.

Mango kakigori with a small jug of mango puree, a small bowl of creamy sago, cuts of fresh mango and one scoop of coconut ice cream.

Aerial view.

All for me alone = sugar overload.

Total price is MYR 47.49 ordered and paid using the beepit app.

1.25 pm - this Miru Dessert Cafe in uptown has been here for quite a number of years already I believe.

1.26 pm - soya cincau kakigori is highlighted.

They place a big menu outside for customers to peruse and choose the items before entering the cafe.

I may be back to try the matcha toast or chocolate strawberry toast.

2.23 pm - I kept 4 cubes of toasts and ate them on Monday. They are like candied buttered bread when cold. Suitable for dessert lovers who adore cold sweets.

8 comments:

  1. sugar overloaded! i like mango kakigori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ya cos I ate both alone. Should share.

      Delete
  2. The toast looked good!! A lovely toast to share around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, must share. There was a family of four sharing one chocolate strawberry toast, a perfect dessert for the whole family.

      Delete
  3. Oh my so much food!! Hahaha. Other people might just order a glass of water rather than another full-blown dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no plain water listed on their menu. 😆

      Delete
  4. First time I see you eat so much but still got some pieces of toast to bring home hee..hee... I have yet to visit Miru in spite of it being so near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I always have room for desserts. 😋 Miru is not suitable for you already since it will give you a sugar high unless you are having a cheat day. 😆

      Delete