Saturday, June 12, 2021

Entier Bonito Butter

Sat 12.jun.21 Day 12 of 14 with another 14 days added so it is Day 12 of 28. We stayed home for the whole of Friday with no deliveries.

For the Entier 3-course meal set, it includes a loaf of bread with a small tub of strawberry jam and a small tub of kombu butter. The free gift is a loaf of bread and a bigger tub of artisan butter. I was given Bonito Butter as the artisan butter.

These two tubs are included in the set.

The bread is salty so I won't buy the bread again. The strawberry jam tastes good and the kombu butter has truffles taste because one of the ingredients is truffle oil.

This is the whole set - bread and two spread.

This is the bread with two small tubs of spread and the foc Bonito butter. The bonito butter has a very strong bonito taste. So this wrapped up the Entier food that I ordered on 26.may.21 wed.

 *** Food on Fri 11.jun.21 ***

We didn't set foot out of the house at all yesterday because we bought enough food on Tue, the day before yesterday. 

8 am - his breakfast of fish head mihun from Swee heng, MYR 13 nett. By special request, there is no milk in the fish broth.

12.14 noon - I ate the fish head mihun that he kept aside for me.

12.30 noon - Lunch is braised pork and two hard boiled eggs at MYR 11 nett from Lucky Alley. Rice for him and bread for me. Kept half the braised pork and gravy for dinner.

12.32 noon - I ate one braised hard boiled egg and a small piece of pork with bread.

1.20 pm - finally I found time to eat the remaining two pieces of cheese pizza bought one week ago. Cleared! 

6 pm - his dinner is instant noodles in the braised pork and gravy from lunch with some lettuce added. I just ate one twirl of noodles on a fork from his bowl. After that, both of us shared one orange. The pizza from lunch was enough to last me till the next morning.

24 comments:

  1. What a timely visit to see this post. I will meet a friend in my closed office tomorrow. I will order a big thin crust pizza as our lunch after seeing your pizza piece. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmmm, please open all windows in your closed office for good air ventilation. Pizza is yummy! Good choice.

      Delete
  2. I want to try the salty bread together with the Bonito butter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a variety of food as always, either asian or western or italian this time...hahaha... I like varieties too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bread is salty? No need to add any spread on it since it has taste.

    Ooo, I miss fish head mihun. I usually go for the clear soup than the milky one. We can choose either clear or milk soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I ate the remaining bread without putting any spread on it. Here also can choose but the default is always the milky soup.

      Delete
  5. So exotic, Bonito Butter. I prefer plain butter. Ah, that braised pork with eggs I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For their artisanal butter range, they have around 5 to 6 types. You can cook the braised pork with hard boiled eggs, no problem for you! 👍

      Delete
  6. I m thinking of trying the fish head noodles frm Swee Hing one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stall is from Win Soon so if you like win soon fish head noodles, you will like this one.

      Delete
  7. Wonder how Bonita Butter taste, don't think I had tasted before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seldom can find bonito butter because they infuse the bonito into the butter themselves. Have you taste bonito flakes?

      Delete
    2. Nope, have not tasted bonito flakes too.

      Delete
    3. Bonito flakes are made from dried bonito fish that is grated into flakes. It's one of the main ingredients in dashi - a staple ingredient used in almost all authentic Japanese dishes. Says:
      https://www.sushisushi.co.uk/blogs/education/how-are-bonito-flakes-made

      Delete
  8. I want that braised pork with hard boiled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too prefer fish noodle without the milk. I miss braised pork with hard boiled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can cook both dishes at home I am sure if you managed to buy the ingredients.

      Delete
  10. Bread looks lovely with those three jars of spreads.

    I really like that kind of thick meehoon in the fishhead mihun. Still not easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your thick Mee hoon is it this Win Soon type of Mee hoon? No matter how long it is soaked, it will still be qq. Not those thick mi Xian.

      Delete
    2. Something like lai fun but less chewy, that's the type I like. Go Noodle's thick mixian is it.

      Delete
    3. Then I think you like mixian.

      Delete