Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tarbush Sunway Pyramid

My friend and I like to eat middle-eastern cuisine, especially lamb because we like the taste of the spices that go well with lamb. So far, we have eaten:
1. Middle Eastern Medley (Lamb Shank) at Serai, PJ;
2. Roasted lamb and tabbouleh salad at Dandy Restaurant at Arena Curve, Penang;
3. Hummus and Lamb Rice at Queensbay Mall Food Court in Penang and
4. Lamb Kabsa rice and Lamb Madggod rice at Lambogi, Damansara Uptown, PJ.

This time we decided to be adventurous and try some new dishes.

Both of us shared this dish - Shakriya Lamb at MYR 37++ (10% service charge, 6% SST = MYR 42.92 nett) - Lamb Shank cooked in herbs, yogurt and served with rice. The roasted almonds are crunchy and go well with the rice and savoury yogurt.

The lamb shank is huge and has a lot of tender fresh meat with the nice lamb taste. We did not expect to like the savoury yogurt but we were blown away when we ate it, we like it a lot - it is not too thick and not too diluted, it smells strongly of milk but not cloying. We consider it light without being foamy and is robust enough in taste and texture.

We knew that we would not be able to finish the yogurt so we put some aside before eating to bring home for dinner. Our siblings at home who do not like dairy products, cannot stand the smell of the yogurt - too milky they say. Would you like to try this dish?

Wara Ainab - MYR 15++ (MYR 17.40 nett) - Rice wrapped with pickled wine leaves and shaped into rolls. They are very appetising because of the sourish vinegar taste which I like in addition to the fragrant herbs.

Total price for 2 pax: MYR 60.30 nett. We must remember to ask for complimentary bread next time since it is not on the menu.

Appetiser section. We will try Hommus meat next time and we may still order Wara Ainab.

We took a chance and ordered the Shakriya lamb from this section of the menu. Looking at the photo which is not that attractive, would you dare to try this dish if you have not eaten it before?

Interior

Storefront

There is a Christmas tree at the entrance.

Tarbush Restaurant at Sunway Pyramid. There are three other branches according to their website and has been operating since 1998. We like the food so we will be back one day.

18 comments:

  1. I would love to try anything mid-eastern. Saw a lot from all parts at Bukit Bintang, never ventured into any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love their interior decor and food presentation you shared. I am always adventurous to try international food. I must bring a friend to this place as my wife cannot stand the smell of lamb. So far I have eaten many times from Mid-Eastern stalls at food court which often came in wraps. I need to try your choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is something very different so worth a try.

      Delete
  3. I can't stand anything that is too milky. I tink I will just play safe to just eat roasted meat/lamb..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would try if the lamb does not have the strong smell and not too tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not tough but not sure what is the level of lamb taste you like. I find the lamb taste very nice and the lamb does taste like lamb here, confirm it is not any other meat.

      Delete
  5. I've been to the one at Jalan Bukit Bintang. That was ages ago, long before my blogging days. I enjoyed the food but never been back due to the location. The lamb with yogurt, honestly I would not dare try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah, those sure look interesting.

    Maybe I can try them too one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you find yourself in sunway pyramid, you can go try.

      Delete
  7. Yes I would so love to try this as I love yogurt and anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you still go to sunway pyramid regularly, you can go try during one of your trip there.

      Delete
  8. Those are almonds or peanuts?

    Agree the pic and description in the menu doesn't look inviting. You were adventurous to order it anyway!

    ReplyDelete