Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Madam Leow

We went back to Madam Leow eatery in SS2, PJ recently and ordered a bowl of kueh chap at MYR 9 nett. It has half a hard boiled egg, a few pieces of pork belly, intestines and very small bits of duck meat. I like the flat sheet but rolled up rice noodles as it has the fragrance of rice.

Two bowls of duck kway teow soup at MYR 6.50 nett each. It seems that there are more duck skins and fat than meat in the bowl but the taste is acceptable.

A large portion of Igor's penang char kway teow with duck egg at MYR 11 nett for sharing. This is definitely Penang style char kway teow as the kway teow is smoother and thinner than the one here. I wonder why call this dish, Igor's  CKT? Is there a person named Igor in Penang who cooks CKT for a living?

A bowl of barley ginkgo sweet dessert at MYR 4 nett and a glass of cold barley drink at MYR 2.20 nett.

Total price is MYR 39.20 nett for 4 pax.

Menu - left side.

Menu - right side.

Storefront - Madam Leow, SS2, PJ.

16 comments:

  1. I like the kueh chap and the duck kway teow soup you had because got soup so it is a kind of comfort food to me.

    I just had penang ckt last Sunday and it looks exactly like the one you shown here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking kueh chap and kway teow. Never had duck anything before - we do not have anything duck here, other than roasted duck with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had duck in kueh chap before, not a thing over here.

    The fried away Tebow looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is kueh chap common there? It is not common in kl or pj.

      Delete
  4. I would go for the CKT. Yes, interesting who is Igor? Reminds me of the cartoon character in Frankenstein hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CKT looks good but I prefer chicken egg. Duck egg has a strong smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Koay Chap is one of the few dishes I do not know how to eat and enjoy as yet.. .hahahaa.. There is always a long queue at Kimberley Street, Penang, lining up for the koay chap but I have yet to taste them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the kway chap at Kimberley Street, Penang. Not sure you will like it or not.

      Delete
  7. Recently a friend introduced me to a good Thai Kueh Chap in Puchong. I must try this Madam's since it is nearer home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kueh chap is from penang! Do go try if got a chance.

      Delete
  8. The 'Igor' is right there on their signboard too. Must be famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I google but couldn't find more info about Igor. What a mystery!

      Delete