Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Sang Har

 My friend read about this place serving Sang Har (big prawn) noodles so we went there to try just one bowl at MYR 16 nett. One whole big prawn is served with thick rice noodles. It tastes good so we decided to order another bowl of big prawn with grouper fish fillets with thin rice noodles (mee hoon).

Our 2nd bowl for sharing - Sang Har with Group Fish Fillets with Thin Mee Hoon at MYR 19 nett. I did not expect the fish fillets to be deep fried so I was disappointed. Both of us felt that the previous bowl of noodle tastes better.

The Fresh Prawn / Grouper Head stall.

The stall can be found at Lam Kee Coffee Shop nearby Kuchai Lama. City Hotel (Kuchai Lama) is above this coffee shop.

16 comments:

  1. The Sang Har noodles must be very tasty, I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like my fish fillets to be deep fried too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For fishy tasting fish, deep fried will taste better.

      Delete
  3. That is SO SO SO cheap!!! Those giant freshwater prawns, THAT big, cost a bomb! I wonder how they can sell it at that price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love big prawns. Anything cook with it will be good and sweet. Of course it must be fresh.

    Drooling looking at the fish fillet noodle soup now. Slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure the noodles are amazing with those big prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first bowl of noodle definitely looks better than the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe the colour of the bowl has something to do with it.

      Delete
  7. the prawn looks big! hmmmm, the soup must be very flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I seldom drink the soup so I can't remember how it tastes.

      Delete
  8. Yummy! I can imagine how sweet the soup is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I would not know because I did not care to notice it because I am not one for soup.

      Delete