Wednesday, December 26, 2018

WG 3 Damansara Shopping Mall

One day, after our week day group had lunch in Tropicana City Mall, PJ which is now renamed to "3 Damansara Shopping Mall", they saw this "Taipei Taipei" restaurant which was not there before and they made a note to go and try the food there in the future. I have only been to the branch at Cheras Leisure Mall back in 2017 after reading Submerryn and PH posts.

That day in the future arrived and only 3 of us went there as the rest were having off days to clear their annual leaves. Two of my friends ordered this Braised Pork Rice at MYR15.90+ (6% SST = MYR16.85 nett) to share. They like it.

Item A04 from the menu is what they ordered. I did not want to eat rice nor noodles so I was scratching my head, thinking of what to order that I would not be able to find easily elsewhere, a dish with a small portion which I can finish on my own. Something unique to this eatery.

My friends added MYR5+ (MYR 5.30 nett) to turn their dish into Set B. The usual add-on price (Set B) is MYR8+ (MYR 8.50 nett) as can be seen in the photo below but they are having a promotion so the price is reduced to MYR5+ to get 3 side dishes and any drinks from the milk tea section. My friend prefers the tapioca pearls in her drink to be harder but I like the texture because I like soft food. The milk tea is not that sweet so they like it too.

Top up for 3 different types of set.

My friends selected N02 Brown Sugar Tapioca Milk Tea as their drink. So what did I order after mulling over the menu? Will be revealed tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Other than Thai and Japanese food, I don't mind Taiwan food because got my favourite pork (oink oink), hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Taiwan food in JB City Square before and I like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that there are many Taiwan eateries in Sg too.

      Delete
  3. I like that place, very oriental. Can't say I'm all that into Taiwanese cuisine though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Taiwanese are also ethnic Chinese so I see the meals as almost the same.

      Delete
  4. I did not know that the mall changed name. Hmm... I wonder what you had hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why they changed their name. I think you would be able to guess correctly. My favourite food, hahahaha.

      Delete
  5. We had the braised pork rice at the food court near my place. It is quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taipei Taipei. My favourite is still the spicy noodles. Haha. Not many ppl can tolerate that but it is still my all time favourite. I keep going back for that :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm Tropicana is more distinct right. Already have so many "Damansara"s everywhere.

    ReplyDelete