Saturday, July 28, 2018

Nasi Tumpang Upeh

Previously I showed the Nasi Tumpang as a whole without breaking the rice cone up. Now I break up the prawn nasi tumpang (MYR 10 nett) to show the kerisik (toasted grated coconut) and a prawn. The rice is just as soft as before which I like.

This is one of our favourite meals at Upeh - Basil fried rice at MYR 17.90 nett and we will order Teh Tarik Hot (MYR 3.70 nett) to go with the rice.

Total price is MYR 31.60 nett for 2 pax and they accept credit card payment for this amount.

12 comments:

  1. I tried that before, pretty good. The fried rice looks great too - my kind of cuisine, these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kerisik for that extra taste. I think I would enjoy the basil fried rice. The chicken thigh attracted me. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I don't think we have these in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is interesting and delicious looking. I had no idea how Nasi Tumpang Upeh looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the nasi tumpang taste special? Or is it like normal nasi campur packed into a cone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasi campur you can choose your own dishes. The food inside this cone is fixed and the rice when rolled into a cone is somewhat like soft ketupat which I like.

      Delete
    2. Oh ok. I don't like ketupat either.

      Delete