Sunday, July 22, 2018

Lamb Chop

Red Ruby with Water Chestnut at MYR 6 nett. There coconut milk is thick and there is a lot of water chestnut and strips of jackfruit. 

Lamb Chop at MYR 28 nett. These lamb chops are not as thick as some that I have eaten and they are grilled until tastily charred. The mint sauce is refreshing but the cauliflower and carrot is on the oily side. The mashed potatoes are creamy and there is a hint of coconut taste. I kept a piece of the lamb for the next day and finished the rest of the food.

Total Bill for 3 pax at Chamber 3 is MYR 120 nett.

12 comments:

  1. I like red ruby dessert too!

    And it has been quite a while since i last ate mutton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if the menu has mutton most likely I will choose mutton over chicken.

      Delete
  2. My girl loves lamb. Never had the chance to try Red Ruby before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary's place sure will have red ruby so can try when you eat there next time.

      Delete
  3. I love lamb, so that dish would be my choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am thinking of grill lamb and red ruby dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your description of the lamb sounds good. Not much of the oily veggies anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup the lamb is good for people with strong teeth to get the full juicy grilled taste.

      Delete
  6. I need to share with you that most restaurants do not use water chestnuts anymore to save cost. They used unripe sengkuang which tastes like water chestnuts when chopped into bits and soaked into the sweet coconut milk. You need to focus carefully to tell the difference. Of course my Thai mother told me all the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, thanks for the info but I realise it sometime back when I eat the red ruby why taste like that. I know because water chestnuts are one of my favourite food. When young, my mother just peeled them like that plain for us to eat. But this one is really water chestnuts. Water chestnuts texture is much more finer than sengkuang texture, I can tell the difference.

      Delete